Friday, July 08, 2022

Daily Notes- Friday, July 8th- sunshine and the Heat is building outside


 It's July.  The AC window units are on 24/7.  Keeping the house at 75 degrees and not much humidity. I feel comfortable- not sweaty.  Just fine.  Arms are warm to the touch.

I have a load of washing to do today.  Mostly underwear and towels- husband has been washing the dirt off his pants in the garage sink and then laying the wet pants on the back deck to dry in the Sun.  Then he wears them again.  Until, I guess they get "too dirty"....... whatever- it's fine with me.

Peaches are falling off the trees.  A few more weeks before they are ripe. I need to water them.

Next door neighbors are putting 400K into the outside/inside renovations (another neighbor shared the secret info with me-I didn't ask).  I will soon be living next door to a "million dollar home".  They still haven't said hello.  But then I haven't walked over to say it either.  They don't wear masks. I'm not walking over. 

I typed something about who lives in Maine--but you already know the State is Red.  Susan Collins. Tucker Carlson.

None of construction work people are wearing masks.  Most of the neighbors have stopped wearing masks. People are having parties......people are testing positive.   Just living their lives.  The grocery store isn't a safe place........the Library wears masks.

So...that's it.  I watched two episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  Amusing.  The most exciting part was when I saw my old, favorite refrigerator in Buffy's kitchen.  I texted daughter........

The last straw (so to speak) for Boris in Britain- was a newly hired guy feeling up two guys  (also in Parliament) against their will...... at work.  The Brits always go the extra mile........

2 comments:

Kim Carney said...

I was reading about Boris and his then-girlfriend extravagant remodel of Number 11, looked pretty garish. it always bothers me when public servants spend a fortune on public housing at the taxpayer's expense. and it is not like it is a classic design that could last, but highly modern, overly colorful/patterened that will not stand the test of time
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-carrie-johnsons-lavish-flat-27421203

Joanne S said...

Boris tried to get someone to build him a FREE playhouse/treehouse in the back of Downing Street for his son. The straw that broke the back so to speak....I saw the decorating when she did it-- GAG!!!! but look what she married???????