Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Field Notes- July 27th. Sunshine and Mosquitos. Three- possibly four tries to spell Field.


 I don't know what these are or where I found them.......They look like the wool balls I have in the dryer.  Sprouting leaves. That are supposed to remove the "snap crackle and pop" from my clothing. My picture file is....a disaster.  

I am trying to read the fifth book by Abbi Waxman.  I loved book one- Garden of Small Beginnings and own that and I loved book three Bookish Life of Nina Hill and own that..   Book two and four- I did not like and even seeing them on sale...marked down...I didn't buy them.  I guess I wasn't alone in not liking them.

Now I am trying to plow thru book five- Adult Assembly Required.  Even though it has characters in it from the two books I actually liked......I don't like it.  And I don't like the representation of the characters I liked...in this book. The lovebirds in book three are not living together and don't intend to... I'm halfway in and that guy hasn't even shown up yet.  Everyone else has.  In tiny cameo appearances. Building a raised bed garden and then driving away as fast as they can- like they robbed a bank..  It felt like "filler" and a way to get to Denny's for breakfast.

The one major returning character is Bob (the other is Polly).  And with the raised bed thing ringing a bell...... Bob is the guy driving a tractor in Small Beginnings.  Bob gets a BOOK? And when did Bob become unbelievably "good  looking"?????  I must re-read Small Beginnings. 

I asked husband if he wanted Blueberry Cake for dessert yesterday. YES.  Turns out the cake was a "treat" for his family on Sundays in the Summer when he was a child.  The things you find out after 54 years. I had no idea how or why the recipe card-- in his mom's handwriting --got in my recipe box. Now I know. Been making Blueberry Cake for years.  Wow.

No comments: