Saturday, September 05, 2020

Daily Notes- September 5th


Mail.  I was expecting French fabric scraps (for additional borders on Muffy's quilt) but these little delights traveled to me as well.  That little red scrap.  The upper triangle of fabric.  The circle with the black dot.  I am enchanted.  The other two Deb L Dyeworks.  Part of a long strip  I was unsewing.  I love them- I call them Sprinkle Cloth. Like the multi colored Sprinkles I use to make husband's favorite cookies.  Aren't those threads amazing???  Jewel colors flecked with surprising "sprinkles" of other colors.

A Mystery. To tell you about.  I had a bundle of cloth and false indigo leaves in my copper soaking bowl out on the sidewalk. By the front porch.  I had decided the cloth packet wasn't going to be doing much more so I set it out on the pavement next to the copper bowl where it has been soaking untouched for more than a week. This morning. The entire packet of cloth is GONE.  Just gone.  Something picked it up and carried it away.  I have looked everywhere- thinking the someone could have been ME.  But the packet was wet.  I would have only moved it to to the porch to finish drying.

I have checked the garage and back deck.  The Vestibule.  Nothing.  I can't imagine an animal wanting it. Husband says he will look for it.  After he eats breakfast (it's 11:30).  He is staying up late and doing everything later and later- we have lost track of regular meal times etc.  

He found a new toothbrush and gave it to me with a hotel sewing kit.  I asked where he'd gotten the two things.  He didn't recall- "somewhere" pointing up to the Attics.  He wants to bring down a table so he can do his coloring and have all his pencils out- about a thousand pencils--all the time and not waste "coloring time" unpacking and packing them back up.

I get it.  My cloth scraps are always out. Though, unpacking them is not a bad way to spend time.

I found a new way to frustrate the people calling me.  This morning I just kept saying "I can't hear you". The guy kept talking louder and then slower and then finally he hung up.  I was very pleased.

No comments: