Friday, September 25, 2020

Daily Notes- September 25th


One more photo from the file.  Kitchen this time.  I go back and forth on the kitchen.  Now with COVID I can just NOT have guys working in the house...so the decision to hire a contractor can wait. 

But I would have to chose and purchase all the new appliances and cabinets BEFORE the contractor will even schedule me.  They are funny that way.  So...like Scarlett O'Hara in Gone With The Wind-- I'll think about it another day............

Today is Friday.  Library Inside Visits.  I have two books to return and I ran out of butter.  So...two things. And I feel guilty about both.  Monday is grocery day.  Can I do without butter until Monday?  And do the books need to be returned before Monday? 

Nope.  Butter and return the books. Then do a load of laundry.  Dry and Fold.

Reading Barefoot.  Hilderbrand again.  First time reading this particular book.  Already thinking about returning it unfinished.  Not liking the characters.  Three scatterbrained women.  One with cancer. I am having difficulty forming them in my mind. Seeing them.  But it could make a turn for the better? Anything is possible. 

I have a few Andrews books in the pile.  I could switch over.  I could sew. I could draw and paint.  Lots of "coulds" open to explore.  Sun is shining.  Breezy.  Tomatoes are 95% finished.  A few on each leafless stem.  Not even drinking the water I give each day.  The Fig Tree on the back deck is still thirsty.  The Figs are not ready to turn to purple blue. Yet.  The basil is looking frazzled.

The Husband'sWorkshop Container is still looking great.  The Coleus has flowered.  Setting seed.  Infertile seed. The whole container looks overgrown, loose and voluptuous.  Fantastic.  I plan to do all of the containers like this next Summer.  I am collecting seed from all the flowers I started in my little milk jugs last Winter.  So I can grow them all again.  All the marigolds and zinnias are tall and gorgeous.

For everything BUT the tomatoes, grapes and blueberries- it has been a glorious gardening experience. Next Summer- Early Girl Tomatoes.  So we can eat tomatoes in July and not September.  Oh and the animals did eat my gorgeous kale crop.  Twice. I never got any.

I always forget-- that Lost Bundle Of Cloth?  No one dragged it off.  I had brought it in, opened it and washed it out.  It was hanging on the drying rack in the sewing room.  Perhaps you already knew that? I may have written about it- the washing it out. Yes.  Well, I found the cloth and it is going into the acorn jar. To see if I actually can get black.  And the Purple Smoke Leaves are about dark enough to go into the steamer with cloth as well.  And I have grapes for blue cloth.  And plenty of onion skins.

No comments: