Monday, September 28, 2020

Daily Notes- September 28th


Small frying pan- olive oil, salt, pepper and cherry tomatoes- the variegated colors of Artisan.  I roasted them alongside three small acorn squash, halved and filled with butter, brown sugar and pancake syrup.   My own recipe.   I ate the tomatoes with a spoon as they cooled and wiped the pan out with a piece of toasted French baguette.  

I looked at the plants before backing the car out of the garage to go grocery shopping.  Enough for one more pan today.  Rain at some point in the dark or early morning.  Fog.  Humid.  Dismal.  Had to remember how to turn on the headlights.

Husband and I talked about my driving.  We think I might use 3 or perhaps 4 tanks of gas a year.  I think, now that I don't work- perhaps 2 or 3.  Even less with COVID. I don't think the engine even heats up just driving into Town to Grocery and Library.

I took 6 or 7 books back to the library today- 4 days until they are off my record.  I need to go online and request books.  I have one library book and many others my daughter has been buying for me.

Law and Order had four episodes in a row that I had never seen even once.  That is quite a surprise. From the final season.  My TiVo record file was full so I couldn't record the last two.  They will have to show up in some other Time and Place.  I had Fargo in the record cue- same time.  We gotta watch Fargo.

Husband got the truck started and it's parked up against the garage.  Out of the way.  The Tree Guys should be arriving soon.  Start cutting down trees.  And they need to drive into the way back yard- behind the fenced garden- that's where they chip what they can.  Make a decent sized pile we'll use to mulch in a year or two.  Needs to age.

Football yesterday. Patriots game was entertaining.  Cam is so happy.  A good catch and he runs over and grabs the guy who caught the ball and hugs him.  So NOT Brady.  A great catch and he'll pick you up off the ground.  Patriot team doesn't know what to make of happiness. Then we watched the Tampa Bay game.  They did great as well.  Gronk still runs like Frankenstein.  He may have touched the ball yesterday. Brady hardly had a smile for anyone.  And we got to see a quarterback drop the ball in the end zone and a guy (other team) pick it up and run in.  Touchdown. 

We also got to see a fullback running at full speed come up to a guy- reach out with one hand and just touch him with finger tips and lift himself airborne and right over the guy, land and keep running.  Now that was something. He had the ball. Kept the ball.  They showed it several times.  It was incredible.

A good Sunday.  

1 comment:

Liz A said...

I love oven roasted vegetables and potatoes ... last year we got a countertop convection oven that works like a charm, quick and easy