Wednesday, September 02, 2020

Daily Notes- September 2nd


 The gang's all here.  Muffy is trying out the new box bed (filled with poly) and one of the quilt candidates.  This one is very nice but is rather stiff.  Not cozy.  And not enough of it to get wrapped around one's little self.  The dog is interested.  As is the plastic duck.  I didn't stage the dog and the duck- they took care of that themselves.

It's cloudy again.  In the 60's.  Might rain.  Later in the week back into the high 80's and humid.  The house is dark even with the lamps turned on.  Lamps at 11am.  Geez. It might as well be Christmas.

My plastic jar of acorns, water, vinegar and a rusty metal thing is now very black.  I may add some cloth.  Just to see what happens.  Nothing has ever happened with acorns- for me.  But then I have never soaked fresh acorns before.  Green acorns.  I have a cloth soaking in the copper bowl, rain water etc-- smashed and pounded (with a rock) false indigo leaves.  The books say I might get a very light shade of blue. An imprint of blue. Did I show you what happened with the red onion skins and copper bowl?  Perhaps not. 

I have allowed that cloth to dry as is- no rinsing.  I have it hanging in the kitchen.  

I just deleted a bunch of words about the crazy Town I live in.  Saving a rusty falling down bridge, building a new elementary school in what is actually becoming a Town sized retirement community with two hospitals and so many assisted living places!!!  It's just too stupid to believe.

I did manage to get a hot fudge sundae at DQ yesterday- we detoured around the old rusty bridge which is being inspected.  Not easy to get there from here.  That should be the motto for the State of Maine. No one ever built an east/west four lane highway.  You can only go north and south. In order to go to Vermont on a four lane highway one has to drive south into New Hampshire and then drive north at a westward angle. Really.  Which is why our population never gets above 1.2 million.

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Muffy's quilt is very pretty. Could be a lap quilt.