Thursday, September 10, 2020

Daily Notes- September 10th


Today we have an image of little tarts.  I bought little tart pans on one of my infrequent trips to the Mall and William-Sonoma.  I used to get their catalog.  And purchased lots of things.  But no catalogs these days.  So no buying. I like the look of these small tarts I saw on the internet.  Lovely crust.  Creamy filling.  Pretty fruit.  And the currants. On the one in the lower left. The bakery in my Hannaford sells little tarts.  I buy them every so often.

We are not allowed to grow red currants here in Maine.  Does something to the State Tree- The White Pine. I set aside money every two years to have white pines cut down here on my 4 acres.   I say I have X dollars and take down as many as you can for that money.  I'd rather have currants.  My grandmother grew them and made glazes for the beautiful fruit tarts she baked. I've thought of illegally buying plants. But haven't done it.  If Whole Foods wasn't nearly a two hour round trip from where I live- I could buy red currants there and make a nice glaze. 

The other thing I like in this styled photo is the black slate surface the tarts are sitting on.  My hallway and bathroom floors look like this.  Someday the kitchen floors will also be black slate.

We called for Chinese take out yesterday.  I ordered the green beans.  They came with white rice.  I got a full container of wok seared, seasoned green beans and a large steamed white rice.  Seemed like too much of everything.  But....oh my... I did love the green beans.  I have leftovers for today as well.  Delicious. I may never order anything else going forward.

During lunch we watched the Woodward Book News on MSNBC.  On tape.  Trump said these things while being recorded. The news people were just wondering WHY he even agreed to speak to Woodward. I can't wait for the movie.

I am reading Victim 2117 by Jussi Adler Olsen.  Department Q.  Carl, Rose, Gordon and Assad. Four investigators considered "losers" who solve the weirdest cases of homicide in Copenhagen from their basement offices. I'm not sure I know anyone else who reads the Department Q books. Very strange books. I was wondering, during lunch and the recorded Woodward interviews, what Carl, Rose, Gordon and Assad would make of it?  First, they would all think it was a sad American joke, there would be a huge argument regarding the case and then they would stumble into the midst of it.... by the end I am wanting there to be another 100 pages.  That's a good book- when you want there to be more pages.  Lots more pages.

No comments: