Sunday, September 27, 2020

Daily Notes- September 27th


Image is one of my favorite scarves.  I started looking for them now that the weather here in Maine is getting colder by the day.  No sunshine today and drizzle/rain for the next four days.  I am not counting on any rain actually arriving.  I am thinking I will go find my red sweater in the closet- but I won't put on any socks.  Or long pants.

We are in drought conditions.  Oaks are dropping tons of acorns- small and  green-  the trees have to let them go- save whatever moisture for the roots.  We are told to water. Like that will happen.  I have so many oaks and would be thrilled to see most of them gone. None are healthy. The soil here in my particular part of Maine is weak, acidic sand and does not hold moisture or roots securely- watering is a waste of time. And wells are dry.  We haven't had good snowfall or Spring rains in years now.

Which is why I grow my vegetables in containers not the Earth itself. 

We have a number of things to watch on television tonight.  But there is also Football.  And Football Pizza  but I forgot to thaw the dough.  So Monday Football Pizza???.   Perhaps we'll have Football Nachos. I have chips, cheese and salsa.  I wish we had the fast food restaurants that advertise on our television. But we have zero of them in Maine.  Sonic would be nice.  I had a Sonic shake once. A long, long time ago.

So...11am and I have all the house lights on.  Lamps, etc.  And I am going to find my red sweater and wear it unbuttoned or just find my shawl.

The Internet world lost a kind and creative Soul this week.  Michelle.  She lived alone in an apartment in New York City and went for walks and took pictures and had so many interesting things to share with Readers. I would often go to her blog and spend hours going backward in her many many years of posts. I would arrive at her blog from the blogs of others who were her close friends.  I will look for a link and add it- I didn't know I was going to write about her.  Wasn't prepared.  But for the moment I am going to search and find relevant info on "swifts".  Michelle was writing about swifts in her final post six days ago.

3 comments:

Joanne S said...

Michelle's Blog is named Ms.Uncertainty Principles

Paula, the quilter said...

My first swift was a small one imported from Italy. It was quite pretty. The one I have now is much larger and very utilitarian I use it in conjunction with a ball winder.

Liz A said...

several folks have commented in the past few days that they wish they had left more comments on Michelle's blog ... so here I am, lesson learned