Saturday, September 12, 2020

Daily Notes- September 12th


This little stack has been on the chair next to where I sit to read the newspaper and eat breakfast.  A pairing of sorts but I haven't been interested in stitching it together.   I took a photo of a purchased collection of fabrics.  I have no idea what I was thinking when I bought them- very nice- but boring. Perhaps I thought I had "exciting" choices back at home to mix into that collection???

Well.......except for the top fabric- the others are what one in the quilting world would describe as "filler" fabrics.  Background.  I really don't know what I was thinking that day in the quilt shop. Perhaps I thought the Magic Attic needed filler stuff?  It really is very busy on those shelves.

I have LOOSE ENDS to finish up around here before .......what?  Nothing is going to happen. Around here.  Nothing has happened around here since March (and even before that).  But I have a tub of sliced pickle ingredients I forgot in the vestibule fridge.  They might be compost by now.  I lost interest.  And there is corn in the fridge- we might want to eat that or make it into some sort of  recipe.  And there are tomatoes ripening- in September.  I pick them and some aren't worth saving so I carry them over in the general vicinity of the compost bins and pitch them into one or the other of the bins. I have lost interest in tomatoes. Do I even want to grow them next year?  

I am a creative person who is incredibly BORED.  And- I have become BORING. Being invited to go for a walk is exciting.  Walking to the end of the drive and finding mail in the box- fireworks couldn't be as much fun. Going inside the library to pick books off shelves.....wow.  I think I need to go back to work.  Find myself a job. Or get involved in something that isn't MSNBC.  Don Lemon on CNN is very soothing to listen to but- I nearly fell asleep. Hallmark.....I can't even watch it.  Law and Order? It's been weeks though one day I watched three episodes I don't recall ever seeing before.  And I couldn't discuss it with Riley.

Well, I will begin with checking on the pickle stuff in the vestibule fridge.  If it's okay- I'll make 6 jars of pickles in the canner.  Get that going.  If the grapes ripen I will be making grape jelly in the weeks ahead.  The Peaches are history.  Daughter brought me carrot tops so I will see how that goes dyeing fabric.  Yellowy green.  I like yellowy green.  Reading The Paris Secret- Karen Swan.  I've read it before. Finished Party of Two by Jasmine Guillory.  Deborah, you'll want to read it.  Alexis's sister Olivia.

1 comment:

Deb Lacativa said...

Make corn fritters. We roasted our last ears on the grill yesterday. Delicious.