Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Daily Notes- September 29


 The cover of husband's color by number book.  I'm thinking of ignoring the little numbers and just painting the pictures.  There is a Van Gogh.  Vase of sunflowers.  I am thinking of doing that one. But first I'll practice on one of the ones I don't like as much.

I visited the grocery store this morning and stayed far far away from everyone.  Still smarting from that woman yesterday.  I stood and waited for the entrance hall to be vacant.  Husband's prescriptions were finally ready for pickup and I made him an appointment for a flu shot in October.

As I pulled out of the driveway (here at home) the father of the Twin Boys was walking the new member of the family- Fenway.  A white lab puppy.  Fen has grown.  And he loved having his ears scratched.  Still soft baby dog fur (I had to pull over, park and get out to see the puppy. wearing my mask)   ADORABLE.

I went up into the Attic in search of the chicken quilt.  The almost 100 year old next door neighbor woman asked me to come visit and bring a quilt.  My dad had enjoyed running his fingers over the chickens- I expect Ruth might like it as well--but she is quite a Feisty Woman. She might just be looking for mistakes.

I did sort through a few boxes of fabric and brought a short stack down to add to the Small Closet in the Sewing Room.  And a very long rectangular Japanese Indigo cloth with finished edges.  A gift from an exchange student to my friend Beverly.  I do not want to cut it up.  So I need to find thoughtful use for the cloth. If I measure it...one or more of you might have ideas for it's use or display.  Perhaps it has a specific use in Japanese culture.  I just don't know.  We'll find out together.

Reading a book I never thought I would see or read-  Judith Ivory's Angel in a Red Dress. We haven't been able to find Black Silk or The Indiscretion as yet but daughter did find Angel in a Red Dress just recently. Set in the French Revolution time period.  I am a quarter into it an I can tell it's going to be good and I am going to re-read it many times.  I have read Untie My Heart and The Proposal.  And.......love both.

Husband is going to be watching the DEBATE tonight and I am looking for other things to entertain myself.  Watching the debate isn't prescribed for my mental health these days.  

1 comment:

Liz A said...

I started to watch the debate ... then left when it became apparent that chaos would reign