Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Daily Notes- September 23rd-


200,000 souls.  Gone.  And Trump says "hardly anyone is affected by the virus".  He thinks of himself. He is hardly affected by even one loss- let alone 200,000.  How would he react if one of his children died? Would he care?  Would he even notice?

Well, I am affected by the number each morning as I see the number in my newspaper.  It is why my eyes are always wet.  I cry a lot each and every day.  But I also laugh........smile which brings moisture to my eyes as well.  My emotions are right on the surface 24/7.  It makes my eyes burn sometimes- all the salt water.  Human tears are very salty.

I am back to drinking coffee.  The store brand instant.  It is milder.  Somewhere between the Folgers and Tea.  No socks today.  No thermal long sleeved shirt.  No sweater.  74 and Sunshine.

Daughter was on the "hunt" again yesterday in South Portland.  She found- for one dollar at Goodwill- the paperback number two in a series of three.  Her used book dealers had looked it up a few months ago. Very rare.  Worth serious money for a paperback.  But she found one for me.  Through A Dark Mist. And she found others.  We gave her two new bookcases last week.  She has to fill them...... she is quite the book collector.  And she reads everything she collects.  There was no cashmere or linen.  

Something has changed.  I have changed.  Things that used to bother me- make me angry in the book series I am reading- well, they don't anymore.  There are things that make me cry.  But no things or characters or plots...that make me angry.  It's good.  It's a very good feeling.

I do have a request.  I have read books (years ago) but I do not remember what author (s)  I am going to just type a few things and if anyone has a clue as to the author (s)- let me know. I want to read them again.

One book has a woman on a boat she falls overboard and hits her head.  Relives her life in a coma and then wakes up.  What to do.  Another woman loses all her money in a divorce and takes a job with a private investigator- they hate each other on sight.  She has a collection of antique tea pots and cups with feet and shoes.  Another woman likes to bake and cook and finds a dead body in her basement behind a wall- a mobster who has been dead for over 20 years- there is also a wedding with flamingos. Another is a movie set for some action thriller with a helicopter and a bridge and murder and a swamp. I am hoping someone out there has an idea who wrote what.

No comments: