Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Daily Notes- September 15th


Still writing in the notebooks.  This one gets lists and drawings- scribbles really-  and notes on plant based cloth dyes.  My daughter brought me carrot greens- so I can color some cloth with them.  And a she collected a small handful of GREEN acorns to top off my jar out on the sidewalk of green acorns, a rusty hinge and rainwater.  Dark and black as a moonless night. 

The string tied packet of cloth is still lost- missing.  We look for it each day.

I took my large heavy recipe box (filled with index cards) to the master bathroom/laundry room to do a load of whites (while I watched to see if the machine dumps water on the floor) and see if I could find the old fashioned apple cake- G would like me to make it- as he has finished off the extra large peach cobbler finally.  It took some searching but I found the old card- from the 60's or 70's. The way back days.  And my friend dropped off a additional bag of organic Gala apples.  So, I'll use them (smaller) to peel and make into a cake- and eat the larger ones- with peels- out of hand.

My (Our- yours and mine) friend Grace got to visit her property in California for a few moments.  To water plants and fill a giant bag with cloth- she actually thought she could go on without it.  I would pack all my old underwear, socks and my old favorite clothing.  Let everything else go.  I can make more or buy the other stuff.  I would miss my old soft clothes. And new underwear would not comfort me in Times of Great Loss. In fact, it would drive me crazy.  What would you just HAVE to pack and take with you? It's something to consider....long before it becomes necessary.  I thought about in the "one bowl" days.

Storage Wars is on all day and now that I have gotten the floors vacuumed (yesterday) and the underwear and shirts part of the laundry basket washed and in the dryer (before breakfast)--I can rest up a bit and then get started on the Apple Cake.  We have tomatoes and cheese to eat for lunch.  And Pizza for later. It's a bit cooler than usual and the Sun is shining and the sky is blue here.  I am thankful. We would be grateful to take some of the heavy rain from the southern states but that is not how things are.  Each part of the country is getting too much of one thing and not any of the other.  We get letters each day asking us to be sure to vote.  And...our property tax bill......

My husband is emptying the bookcases in the Small Office/Sewing Room.  The room will be more Sewing room going forward.  I may put a design wall up where the bookcases are now.  So I can sit on my sewing machine chair and gaze over at my projects. 80 percent of everything is going to Goodwill.  He outgrew his interest in so much of the three bookcases contents.  And the office functioned as such when we owned the restaurants.  And now we don't- thank goodness.  Daughter will be over the Moon to inherit three bookcases.  In fact, she might drive over to get one as soon as she reads this post.

1 comment:

Deb Lacativa said...

a recommendation for the design wall. I have a full sheet of 1-inch thick blue foam board from Lowes or Home Depot stuck one wall horizontally and another vertically. I'm sure Jim used some sort of glue, so they aren't going anywhere

I've covered them with a glazed paper that has one-inch squares in blue on white, sort of like the stuff on the back of contact paper, unnecessary, but I like the grid.
They will cut the full sheet in half for you and it should fit into the back seat of most vehicles if no one has a pickup truck.