Thursday, March 21, 2019

Day Four

We doped up the dog and all three of us got a good night's sleep. Today was so much better.

I spent most of the day Boro stitch repairing the inside sleeve seams of a very nice old pale pink linen shirt from the days when I worked at the library.  The fabric for the sleeves must have had a defect.  It shredded with wear under the arms.  I had a hand dyed pink cotton in my box of solids.  I had DMC in a perfect match.  Even if the repair shows--it's beautifully done if I have to say so myself.  And now I can wear the pretty pink shirt again.

The only excitement was dropping my sewing needle and when I got down on the carpet to look for it--I picked the perfect spot for my knee.  Right over the needle. Went in smooth.  Wouldn't come out. I tugged and tugged.  Home alone--guys out on the walk.  What to do?  Tried again and it came out. Must have gone in between the cap bones.  Bent--so I can't use it anymore -- darn-laughing.

Told the story and showed daughter the needle--she nearly passed out-- priceless!!!!

G sorted all the puzzle pieces by color and texture into piles for me.  And found the last missing border piece.  He also reads me the mail-  listening is allowed. Life is good and I am enjoying the quiet.

No comments: