Friday, March 29, 2019

Daily Notes- March 29th


From the wall across from my dining room table.  Favorite images I have cut from magazines and the ever present crow.  

It's a cloudy day here in Maine, but warm (for Maine) and rain is coming.  For the next three days.  I hope it's enough to melt the snow.  I'm getting really tired of snow.

The local Dairy Queen has removed the wooden coverings from the building's windows.  Changed out the signs etc.  I am really looking forward to the first DG treat of the season.  Our DQ closes up in early October and opens in April.  Seasonal.  The one in Bath does the same even though they sell food and have a very small indoor seating area.

Riley had a tough day yesterday.  He did sleep last night (under our bed) and is now sleeping next to the desk where I am typing.  He hasn't eaten anything.  I gave him one of his anxiety pills yesterday when he had uncontrolled drool which was upsetting him.  Seemed to work.  I'm not giving him a pill this morning because he seems to be calm.  It's like one good day and then one day when he is upset. Riley's tough days are hard on the entire family.

My Advil medical treatment seems to be easing the tight pain of my jaw.  A few more days and it might go back to chewing as usual.  Or not.  I have soup and cooked cereal to eat today.  Perhaps some mac and cheese made really soupy.

My horoscope in this morning's paper said I had five stars and could do well with difficult problems today.  Now, that could mean anything as most of the stuff I deal with these days--turns out to be a difficult problem.  But I will begin with looking into past tax returns for the loss carry over worksheet.  Turbo Tax forgot about it for awhile and now I need to go look for it.  I might eventually do amended returns for the years Turbo Tax didn't remind me of my carry over.  Turbo Tax isn't as wonderful as people imagine it to be.  If I wasn't aware of carry over losses----- but I am.

And I might bake a pan of Brownies.  They are soft enough to eat.

No comments: