Thursday, March 28, 2019

Daily Notes- March 28th


The zucchini pickles are out of the canning kettle and I can hear the tiny "ping" of lids sealing. I almost got the proportions right.  7.5 jars.  Recipe says it makes 8.  Never has.  But 7.5 is the most I've gotten in all the years I have made these pickles so--getting closer.  It's a bread and butter pickle made with zucchini instead of cucumbers.  Comes out crisper.  Zucchini in yellow and green, red bell peppers, onions, jalapeño peppers.  All sliced very thin on my veggie slicer.

Canning stuff in March is WAY more fun than canning stuff in August.

The image up top.  I have had these blocks in a box in the Attic for a very LONG time- I was still driving the BMW and my dad was still alive.  The blocks arrived in a collection of boxes removed from the house of a dear elderly woman after she died of a massive stroke.  I removed the last of the two borders she had on the blocks.  Uneven and strange.  I think she must have had a few early strokes and as she had admitted "could not see the work anymore" and was often confused.

She called and asked me to come thread her sewing machine at least once a week and often fed me dinner because my husband was traveling and someone should feed me.  The centers of the blocks are not always in the center.  As you can see.  My friend was 86.   I am going to finish adding borders from the fabrics she had selected.  See what I can make of this.  Check it off my list of "things to finish". Perhaps make one or two for Connie's hospital group.  There are lots of these blocks.

I love the border fabric.  Cheerful.

I had a visit with my dentist this morning.  He checked my jaw hinges and said we could order a mouth guard--but the procedure for making a computer model would be too painful for me right now.  So I am taking 600mg of Advil four times a day to relax the muscles and then we'll see if we need the guard.  At first, that much medicine made me woozy when it hit my tummy.  I'm okay now.  The gum chewing is probably what caused things to go wrong.  The "cap" might have slipped out place and now the "hinge" is unprotected.

I like it when a professional tells me to spend time on the couch with a heating pad.

I had a very productive morning with the Morning Pages and then I re-did the tasks for Week Five. Connie sent me a book and in that book it said the responses tot he prompts have to be fast, with no thinking.  So I did them over.  Much different now.  I don't know if they are better but only Time will tell.  I found I like dancing and floating in water.  Odd, because I can't swim and have no sense of rhythm.

No comments: