Monday, March 04, 2019

Daily Notes- March 4th


A new cookbook to read.  The Way I Cook by Dorie Greenspan.  And the Don't Eat Too Much / Mostly Plants Guidelines.   I've watched a few of Dorie's -- what do they call them--little podcasts?--on the Bon Appetite feed that I get here on my computer.   I asked for the book at my library to see if I actually like her recipes or just like watching her cook.  Two very different things.

I also wrote these diet guidelines on one of my ever present index cards.  I pinned it to one of the most used kitchen cabinet doors ( I don't stick things to the stainless surface of the fridge).  As a reminder.  I tend--normally, to eat this way if I have vegetables and fruit handy.  Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.  Produce at my grocery doesn't always  excite me.  I always like a salad but at times the stuff in the packages looks wilted already.  At other times it looks pale and I like my vegetables to be colorful.  And the vegetables at the local Farmer's Market in Season is fantastically EXPENSIVE.

We did get the promised snowfall and G is out for the second day in a row, clearing the driveway. I have on my newly washed rosy pink thermal shirt.  I have  the sleeves of my sweater turned back so I can see the rosy cuffs.  Delightful.  I did my Morning Pages and also did a few "tasks".  Five enemies in my Life.  Twenty Things I Enjoy Doing.  And by mistake, I also did a list of Twenty Things I Like which was fun.

Later today or tomorrow (or the next day) I will do the circle charts.  I also had to write a list of jobs -professions I would have liked doing.  And guess what--in some form or other I have been involved in all of them.  I wrote Journalism on the list and I worked on a newspaper in the advertising department.  Teacher and I teach classes on gardening.  The only job I didn't get--I applied--was to learn to bake bread for a bakery job.  I would have had to get up early early in the morning to make the bread dough.  I still think it would have been a wonderful job.  But I do bake bread here at home. Not loaves and loaves of it but for a year or so, I made the bread in the dutch oven that was so "trendy"-- it was delicious but I was the only one eating it.  And that had to STOP.

One of my favorite things to do--is this.  Writing the Daily Notes.

G is going to the dentist for his 6 month cleaning and checkup in the next 20 minutes.  I am going to sew more Stormy Diamonds to the vertical sashing while he is gone and then try out the new horizontal sashing.  See how it all looks.  One never really knows how things are going to look stitched together.  But I am going to "dial down" my inner critic on this Goodwill fabric project and just get it done.  Move on to something else that isn't quite so problematic. Like those French circles.

No comments: