Saturday, March 16, 2019

Daily Notes- March 16th


In the Good Old Days when I was making lots of things out of fabric, I kept all the uneven edges I cut from the fabric (straightening the edge) and eventually made two or three of these squares.  This green one and a pink one I cannot find right now.  I just kept layering and weaving as I went.  Then machine "quilted" them down so nothing was flapping around.   They look grand on a white wall.

My jaw is better each day.  I am still thinking the dentist appointment might not be a wise thing on the 26th but we'll wait and see a few more days. Keeping my jaw open for the length of time it takes to clean my teeth--might be more time than my jaw wants to remain open.  And it might get stuck-open--which would be horrible.

I am on page 589 in Tombland.  Couple hundred more to go.  They are in the midst of the great uprising of the commoners on Mousehold under the leadership of Robert and William Kett.  The Protector's Herald has arrived and announced the army of the King (Edward) is on the way (if any others of you studied English history in school).  I think most of the characters so vividly depicted will be dead in the next 100 or so pages. We still do not know where Edith Boleyn was for 9 years nor who killed her.  That was the main premise for Lawyer Shardlake to be involved.  Oddly enough, riders are still delivering letters.

My treat from yesterday's shopping trip was a chocolate ganache brownie.  More ganache than brownie.....I wish I had purchased more than one.  I wish I had purchased only one shirt yesterday. The other two--I know already that I won't wear them.

Riley is feeling much better now that he is getting pureed pumpkin with his dog food.  I think he might had needed "more moisture in his bowels".   His eyesight isn't good and has trouble with shiny floors and last night he forgot where our bedroom was located.  Let's hope my faculties remain sharp as I am the only one who has a clue around here.

Well, I am off to the grocery store--- it isn't snowing or raining and the sun is shining.

2 comments:

Susan Sawatzky said...

you might ask the dentist about the TMJ. I did and he was able to help me with a mouth guard

Annie said...

Joanne, the dentist is the person to see when one has TMJ. They can advise you as to what to do for it. Keep your appointment if only to let the dentist know about your problem.

Love the fabric creation.