Saturday, March 09, 2019

Daily Notes- March 9th


I need to take more pictures.  Another page in the drawing journal--not art--just scribbles.  I have a new pile of chairs to draw--the library hallway has a table where visitors can exchange or drop off old magazines.  I picked up a few Architectural Digests.  Very strange looking chairs.

I also noticed 4 current National Geographics on the table.  A Christmas Gift subscription?  Never opened.  Never read.  I picked them up for G as he likes to read National Geographic.  I like the pictures.  They didn't have any interesting cooking or art magazines yesterday.

Stormy Diamonds gifted me with a long string of diabolical problems right up to the end.  That is the last time I adopt orphan blocks.  I had to use scraps to make the last block, sew and unsew borders, add inches to sashing that I had measured twice (wrong) and then......it was the wrong size for the hospital..so I had to take apart everything and then redo, resew, re-magiver everything.  I still have one final border to add all around to get to the specified size.  And even though it looked wonderful in the glaring light at JoAnn's--I am seriously thinking of using the faded backside of the fabric instead of the brighter front side.  Repeat......no more orphan blocks--EVER.  And that was all yesterday afternoon.  But now it's starched and all seams are ironed open and we are so close to the finish line and the post office hand off to Connie.  Just that final 2 inch outer framing border.  And Connie--you might use it as the binding.  Already sewn on.

My jaw is aching.  My fault, I toasted a bagel for breakfast.  Too much chewing.

I watched Hallmark yesterday after the trip to JoAnn's (horrid fabrics), Chinese restaurant for late lunch, and then home to stand in front of the sewing work table and stare at the Stormy Diamonds top and......well, walk away.  I was done sewing for the day.  So, Hallmark.  The Mysteries channel. And then it got too late for me to have my chocolate mug cake.  The cocoa powder would keep me from sleeping.  Which tied the bow on a very difficult day.

I'm trying this eating thing I read about in one of the magazines I did find at the library.  Eating from 10 am to 4 pm and then not eating (fasting) after 4 until the next morning at 10 am.  Which was why I didn't get any chocolate mug cake.  I can tell you--I was very hungry when I woke up this morning.

The Dog is loading up on water so he and G must be heading out for their Daily Walk.  I'm going down to the sewing room and cutting borders.  Sewing borders and then a final steam and starch.

No comments: