Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Daily Notes- March 27th


Signs of Spring in Maine.  Pussy willow stems I cut and now have in a large glass vase on the hall table.  The table where I have piled my garden class materials.  I think today, I will transfer them to the Attic.  Then the table will be clear.   Some crocuses are blooming and a few of the tiny daffodils.

Tomorrow I visit the dentist to have an opinion of what is making my left jaw hurt so much.  I know I clench it at night.  I feel it and relax but then it tightens again.  Perhaps a mouth guard.  I haven't eaten anything "chewy" or hard.  I have to cut my food into small bites.  I have yogurt with strawberries for later.

I am still doing the intermittent fasting.  No food after 5 pm-none before 10 am.  Last night I wanted food but kept telling myself -it's after 5 and you are doing so good with this.  A few times.  I wanted potato chips. I did not have any.

Yesterday evening I got it out of my system and the TiVo files.  Three episodes of a Hallmark Mystery series.  A regular "binge" but now they are watched --and they were beautifully done --so unlike the usual crappy Hallmark movies.  I enjoyed them.

Riley --the Vet says his liver number is 380 and they like 240 to be the top number.  Riley is taking liver meds ($80 a month) but still the count goes up. The Vet is jonesing to use the NEW ultra sound  equipment.  To "look at every surface" of Riley's liver.  But we know it's not cancer.  As he would be dead already.  Years ago.  Cancer goes fast.  Never slow in the liver. And Riley--well, I won't put him thru surgery--so why look?  Has any Reader gone down this road?

I have visited the library and have three books to read if I feel like reading.  I had taken all the unread books back to the library prior to Week Four.  I did get a book I very much want to read by a favorite  author-- it takes years for them to be translated into English and then published here.  But I have it and will begin reading it today.  I just have some housekeeping to do--the hall table, etc.

And I do have the sliced vegetables for the pickles brining in the vestibule fridge.  to make pickles today or not to make pickles today--that is the question.

1 comment:

dianen said...

Yes, I have gone down that road. My dog has a mass in his spine. They wanted to biopsy it. I said if it was cancer, what would the treatment be? They said surgery would be difficult if not impossible due to the location. I said, then why biopsy it? If you can't treat it, why bother with tests? My final word is we will love him and care for him for however long he has, whether it's cancer or not. We won't be putting him through tests, surgeries, etc... for no good reason. I want him to be as happy as he can be.

You're doing the right thing. Let Riley live his life. Whatever it is, it is.