Tuesday, March 05, 2019

Daily Notes- March 5th


My stack of squares and circles.  Just as is, no editing.

Dorie Greenspan was of little interest in book form.  I did write out the recipe for the Winter Pasta with winter squash, cabbage, cranberries and walnuts that was featured in the podcast.  And the lemon goop.  That's what Dorie calls it.  And some poached pears which brought back a memory of a visit long ago to my brother's house.  He presented us with perfectly poached pears.  Like an old master's painting.  Singular.

The new CJ Sanscom book is waiting for me at the library.  Be still my heart.

Reading The Year of Less and it is a slog.  The author has few redeeming qualities.  She has a financial blog whatever the hell that is, but was 30K in debt, a drunk and......I'll call it.  A loser. I'm on page 95 of 170 and hold little hope of understanding why anyone wanted to publish this or why she wanted to write about this Life (?) she leads.  It all began when she couldn't find her can opener. ( I thought the book had promise at that point because it's such an odd beginning sentence)  In addition, another reader has thoughtfully penciled in little check marks along the pages. I have been thoughtfully erasing them.

MSNBC is too much for me this week.  So, I am taking a break from news.  Our PBS station is fund raising for the next 10 days so there is no programing there to watch.  Hallmark Mystery......I think tonight there might be something with a bit of tooth.  Last night's Mystery Woman--- so, so bad.  The Flower Shop Mysteries are a close second in so, so bad.   I had always enjoyed the Signed, Sealed, Delivered Mysteries but they have been moved to "pay per view".

There was a Pickles cartoon in our morning newspaper.  An older married couple is featured in this strip.  This morning they were both complaining about needing new eye glasses as they couldn't see anything.  Seems they had on each other's glasses.  G laughed out loud when I gave him the clipped cartoon.

My Morning Pages.  Whatever is happening with the three pages of writing whatever comes into your head and out in the pen....I am sleeping soundly.  I've never sleep well.  I never slept as a baby.  I never slept as a child because if I stayed awake, nothing bad would happen.  It happened anyway.  But I am sleeping soundly.  If nothing else comes of this exercise--that will be enough.


1 comment:

jbettyb said...

I too am sleeping soundly with the morning pages. My fitbit says I am getting lots of good, deep sleep. Whether it is the pages or the fast 4 km walk every day at our local community centre, I don't know, but I like it. Betty