Saturday, January 12, 2019

Daily Notes- January Twelfth


Food 52 is keeping me busy with clean up ideas.  This one is for the staples panty.  Containers all labeled.  When my son was here for his visit in October he looked at the expiration dates on all the items in my pantry.  Set aside the expired ones and then monitored my disposal of them.  There--thankfully, were only a few items.

Knowing he was visiting I had checked dates and written the expiration dates in black magic marker on the tops of the canned good lids.  I did miss a few things.   I mentioned this to my daughter and on a quiet day at home--she went thru her cabinet and was shocked by how much had expired.  She has also been too busy or too tired to do much cooking.

I just deleted the other two paragraphs I wrote.  Blah.   I found graphite pencils from Bohemia that I purchased somewhere and have been enjoying their smooth coverage of the paper in my journal.  There are some with fine points and I may draw a few chairs.  I have plenty of magazine and catalog chairs to use as "models".  AFTER I vacuum up all the dog hair that has drifted along the baseboards. Everywhere.  And once I notice it (takes a while) it starts bothering me.  And if I vacuum near the baseboards then I have to also wipe the tops of the baseboards with a damp cloth.  And finish doing the laundry.  And the oven could use a cleaning.

But I have a few good books to read.

Quite a battle:  Book reading or the vacuum.

3 comments:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Book reading, please. Almost every time.

Joanne S said...

Ha! I vacuumed the entire house.

Deb Lacativa said...

I've started "Washington Black" by Esi Edugyan. No vacuuming happening here for a while.