Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Daily Notes- January 23


The last picture taken on my old phone before it went to live with my daughter.  I don't even know where these bits and pieces ended up.  I was trying to "make something".  Trying too hard.  Art happens, you can't make it happen.  The more you push-- the less it works.

Today we went out to pay a library fine, return books and pick up two new books.  Parking was non-existent.  We went around the block and into a public lot behind the library.  One spot.  Handicapped. Good that G was with me--handicapped.

Then we ventured to the Everything Store---They did not have an iron.  I will have to re-name the store.  They did have birdseed.

We had to go to Target.  I hate Target.  sigh.  But they had an iron--well, they had a wide selection from the budget Sunbeam I selected to the $90 Rowentas.  G wanted me to get the Rowenta.  I said the Sunbeam is fine--when it stops heating up or steaming--- I'll throw it away.  I may even throw away the two Rowentas taking up floor space.  One does nothing.  The other heats up.  No steam.  These two are the last of a long line of Rowentas I have owned and loved thru the years.  But they all stopped working suddenly.  And no amount of shaking or banging could get them to work anymore.  The shaking and banging does work if they are just being sulky. They go on for years after that.

Well, as soon as I brought the new Sunbeam iron into the house, the Rowentas started up a hollering. So I went down to the sewing room and brought them into the kitchen.  The Sunbeam box had instructions for dosing a non steaming iron with a salt and hot water solution.  So I gave each Rowenta a dose.  And after the wait time I gave them an agitating shake, upside down, over the sink.  Stuff, hard granular stuff, came out with the water.  I rinsed with plain hot water, twice, each with additional hard upside down shaking.  One of them now steams.  No spray.  The other sprays but spits instead of steams.  Both now -get hot.  I'm no fool--the Sunbeam is staying.

It's warm enough for the dog to have his walk. Riley is happy--and out on the walk.  G not so much. He had a key to the house in his hand and then--gone.  He went to the bathroom.  Came back- no key.

It's like that for him.  Sudden disappearances.  He says he purchased this year's Turbo Tax for me.  Set it on the desk.  Here by the computer.  No.  I have looked.  He has looked.  No Turbo Tax Box.
I even looked with the flashlight, thinking it was hidden.  No.  He doesn't keep receipts either.  They just disappear as well.  So........

I purchased Turkish organic apricots.  At the Everything Store.  They are brown.  Look rotten, squishy.   I guess I like the bright orange springy chemically induced so very NOT organic ones. These taste okay but not what I was expecting.  Happy I only purchased one bag.

No comments: