Saturday, January 05, 2019

Daily Notes- January 5th


Another in my constant search for interesting chairs.  These two seem to be having an intense chat.
One trying to convince the other to agree with him.  The chair on the right--not buying the argument.
What does that remind you of????

Well, I am tardy in writing to you today.  I had been trying to sew some squares together by hand but gave up on that and have been sewing on the machine for the past few hours (seems like years).  And unsewing.  Because that's what happens.  The larger of the two projects today was a baby quilt for Connie's  group.  Connie--it's not looking good so I think I may have to reorganize the borders.  Plus I found more blocks.  How does that happen??????

Anyway-- I stopped work on that project to start sewing a charm pack together.  Connie sends me the most beautiful charm packs.  Instead of making any more potholders--they just get dirty---I am making a placemat.  This is something I can see for three meals a day and seven days a week.  I got all the little squares sewn together into a rectangle.  And found some lovely linen I bought last year--perfect color match. Borders all around to make it the size I want and then layering and quilting.  This one is mine.  The other charm pack placemat will be G's.  Mine has more flowers and rosy red and aqua.  I am using the potholders I made last year as padding between my frying pans.  So the cooking surfaces don't get scratched.

G went across the street to take down and carry out the neighbor's Christmas tree.  Random Act of Kindness--the only one for the week.

Tomorrow is Goodwill.  Only a small box of red beads last week (love them), but before Christmas I got exercise clothing for my daughter.  She wears it to CrossFit and for landscaping.  The brand she likes but can't find in the stores anymore.  Three sleeveless tops.  "where did you find these???" Always nice when you get it right.

Weather is fluctuating between the 40's and the teens.  Snow, rain, ice, snow, rain, ice, snow.   Snow on top of ice is not good.  But this is warmer than last year when we went into the single digits prior to the holidays and stayed there until March.

Well, I'm going to go try out my Flawless Brows Christmas gift.  Wish me luck.


No comments: