Saturday, January 26, 2019

Daily Notes- January 23


Not the best photo but from my iPhone (hoorah!) with 20% battery and shaky hands.  I had 8 people for the Fairy Garden class and two of them were little girls.  Very interested in having a Fairy decide to live in the garden being put together.  They did an excellent job of choosing plants, placement of the plants around the Fairy house they chose and with the actual planting of the foliage plants they had chosen for their garden. I took the photo after class and most of the cleanup (carrying things back to their place of origins).  So I was tired and ready to go home.

It was exhilarating to go to work and exhausting.  Exhilarating to be "among other humans" and exhausting for the same reason.  I had "new ears" to hear their comments and complaints regarding each other.  Nothing has changed.  I found myself doing the same complaining when I worked there.  I'm sure I am the subject of the same when I am absent. I have many foibles.

One of my "foibles" is pulling dead flowers out of the floral department waste can.  I found some eucalyptus branches and plan to use them to steam some cloth.  I wanted to take everything for my compost but the gal working said no.  The boss frowns on that, she says.  I was going to go find him and ask for the dead and wilted flowers but .....it's an old fight and I wasn't up to it.

I had a very busy day.  Up early, in the store by 9 am and teaching at 10 am.  Home around 1 pm. Lunch was the last bowl of bran buds, yogurt and red grapefruit segments.  A shower, load of laundry, read the morning paper and watched some news.  Looked at the internet.  Read a book.  Made rice and peas to go with the Trader Joe's frozen chicken G cooked in the Toaster oven.  He ate chicken, rice and peas and I was happy with just the rice and peas.  I haven't had a busy day like that in months.  Tomorrow it's Goodwill.  The local gardening lecture is Gardening With Aches and Pains so I think G and I should attend.

3 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

What a great change of pace! You got me thinking.

Annie said...

Love the Fairy garden! Sounds like a fun and busy day.

jbettyb said...

The fairy garden is different from what I had pictured in my head. I like the little bark hut - that is an original touch that I haven't seen in other fairy gardens. I think the fact that you are not making it from a kit is the secret.