Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Daily Notes-January 29


In progress.  I sewed used, washed, dried tea bags and bits of fabric onto a natural cotton batting.  And now I am adding and subtracting (trials) of fabric, additional teabags etc.  The first five of these had lots of stitching.  Even buttons.  As much as I enjoyed the running stitches and cross stitches -- in so many pretty tea stained colors----they didn't convey any story.   On the dining room table this particular piece (6 or 7 inches on a side) now has a segment cut from one of it's older brothers or sisters auditioning.  I am not adding any stitches or cross stitches to this one until it has "story".  Added tea bags maybe removed.  Nothing here is permanent.

Nothing here is permanent.

Coffee date with my friend.  She loves running her fingers over the tea bag surfaces.  But agrees that the pieces aren't "working".  She has collected many of these tea bags for me and today gave me some pretty pink stained, chia scented and green tea bags.  Also a large bag of avocado pits.  Avocados are 88 cents each right now here in Maine.

G was just finishing up with a call to Apple support to straighten out our iPhones.  He is hopeful that all things are where they belong now.  Any emails I send from the phone will say they come from me--not him. If you are interested in someday speaking with me on the iPhone--  we can exchange phone numbers.  I will be a NEW experience for me.  My First iPhone Call.

G and I went out for late lunch.  It was expensive but our son wants us to spend his inheritance and not give it to him.  Which is really sweet.  We even had dessert.  I brought half of my dinner home and will have it for today's lunch.  I purchased salad green to have today, also.  It was lovely having a salad yesterday at the restaurant --arugula--so I bought some of that.  And some Romaine since it seems to be safe again.

The weather is supposed to shift today.  It was zero to 5 degrees this morning.  About 15 now.  Cloudy so I am wondering if it's just going to be VERY cold or snow or sleet.  Looking forward to February.  And it's almost 2pm--so I am going to have another "late lunch" today.

No comments: