Sunday, January 13, 2019

Daily Notes- January 13


Football.  All weekend.  The games have been hard to watch.  The Teams that are winning are brutal.
We're up next.  If we win today we play one of those teams.

Yesterday I read another book by Beth Harbison.  Thin Rich Pretty. The remaining books are not in my library's catalog so I will have to order them--one is intriguing--Hope In A Jar.  I keep little rectangles of paper in a jar--with one word on each--today's word is  "invent".  The word gives me something to think about--what would I invent.  What would I like someone to invent.

I made the special dinner I made for my brother and then my son.  Yesterday I made it for g and myself.  Southern pork ribs seasoned with cider vinegar, brown sugar and cayenne pepper.  A Martha Stewart recipe if you've interested.  You run the ribs with the dry and then add the vinegar.  Put a lid on it and into the oven.  Tastes fantastic.  We're having it with potato dumplings and fried sauerkraut.

It's very cold here-- the sun is shining but without any warmth.  All surfaces are covered in shiny, hard ice.  A local church is offering an Indoor Gardening class today--on growing salad greens in the house.  I gave seeds to my daughter to give to two of her friends.  Seeds for sprouts and micro greens. They each are enjoying the fresh greens and the growing of them.  I love growing pea sprouts.  The little leaves, stems and curly tendrils taste just like green peas.  Nice on top of salad greens or a baked sweet potato with avocado.  Now on sale for 99 cents each.

I was in a "mood" yesterday.  Wondering if I was becoming "demented" and beginning to forget things.  The Lyme disease thing.  Forgetting words.  Not being able to find something I recently saw and touched.  Almost like I am "gaslighting" myself.  Enough.  Just let it go and move on.



No comments: