Friday, January 18, 2019

Daily Notes- January 18


Old doodle from the Early Days of the blog--second year from the bottom of the year list in sidebar. The paper bits are from the legal notices page in the newspaper--tiny type you can barely read.  Best if words don't call attention to themselves.  This is it unfinished.

We had a small "art group" that met on a evening every two months on the basement of the library.  They would bring projects they were working on and I would bring my journal.  They always wanted to see any progress made on this doodle.  It actually is finished but I would have to dig out the journal it's in.  I really should put dates on the spines.  I managed to cover all the white paper.  Not Zentangle with all it's rules.  Just paper, black ink Sharpie and some paste.

Why haven't I made any more of these?  Our newspaper changed the type of it's legal notices pages.  There are no longer any tight dense, dark pages of text for me to use.  Sigh.  If anyone has any suggestions for publications with small dense type-- please let me know.  And dull surface paper--no shine.  I though about old dictionaries but it's very labor intensive to cut all the tiny bits-removing the margins.

I made a vegan vegetable stew for my daughter.  She just messaged me (on my phone) to say it's DELICIOUS!!  Potatoes, carrots, onion, a whole package of celery (she loves it) rosemary, thyme, garlic,soy sauce, brown sugar and vegetable stock and one cup of brown lentils.  Lots of cubing of vegetables but I enjoy that.

I know you are all thinking about our big snow event.  Right now they are saying nothing until Sunday and even then only 18 inches or so in some places and not wet and heavy (pulling power lines down).  So it will blow around and decrease visibility.  We have plenty of gas for the generator and/or snowblower.  This is Maine and we've been here 27 years.  And the Weather forecast is never right. so we'll see what actually happens.  Grocery store was PACKED and most people were buying beer vodka and kitty litter.  When we lived in Georgia and an ice storm was coming--they bought toilet paper and condoms (at least that what the newspaper reported--and it was the 1970's).

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Beer, vodka, and kitty litter? So funny.