Monday, January 07, 2019

Daily Notes- January 7


I liked the colors and the "fabric-ness" of these linen napkins.  Linen, unironed, has a bouncy feel and look. A living fabric. I stopped ironing linen clothing when I stopped working at the library.

Cabin fever has started here at my house.  Being together inside a house, endlessly, and we start getting on each other's nerves.  Nowhere to hide.  I try to spend time in the sewing room, but I have to come out at some point.  It's only January 7th.  Not good.

I guess I will have to face the quilt top I am making.  The design isn't working and I have those extra blocks and some extra focus fabric to do something with.  They say this kind of problem adds to creativity.  ???  In order to add--I need to subtract.

We have a trip to the grocery and then to the library (on same street) on our day's agenda.  We might take down and put away the wreaths and reindeer, unless they are frozen to the ground.  It's 15 degrees this morning with full sunshine.  Sun that is not the least bit warm.  And I promised my daughter a pot of soup.  Winter Vegan Lentil Stew.  I read the ingredient list to her and she said--"make it and add lots of celery"   Girl likes celery.

Addendum:
I had a feeling I wasn't done writing--we went to the library and the grocery store and--lucky me--I slipped off the curb in front of the store and fell--landing on my right knee and right palm.  I think my rib muscles are also feeling it.  And, because I am a 72 year old woman--I wet my pants.   But I have Armicare gel on everything and a cup of tea.   I had the long, heavy black coat on--took more of the hit.




3 comments:

DianeN said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your bad fall. I hope you will be feeling better soon. I took a ripsnorter of a fall on the steps before Christmas. I wasn't sure which was worse - the fall or the way it made me feel like a clumsy old fool. Very depressing. Take good care of yourself, Joanne.

MariMo said...

Good morning - hope you have no "after"-pains from your fall. Ever since I had my first experience with old-age-falling, I practice balancing. Brush my teeth Standing on one leg. Brush my teeth standing on one leg, with eyes closed, etc. etc. Always happy, that nobody can see me during These exercises ;-)

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Yikes, I'm so glad these were the only results of your fall. Hope you have another book to read while you recover.