Monday, January 21, 2019

Daily Notes- January 21


This work is titled Alien X-Ray.  I disliked the dimensions we had to work with but these works are some of my best.  I made them alongside (but outside) a group of very talented fiber artists years ago. One of them went on to make very original work with actual X-rays.

The football yesterday--and the snow, wind and cold--took it's toll along with events here at home.  I am feeling "fragile" this morning.  Things (events) (moments) are happening too quickly and they seem uncontrollable.  I am finding myself on the edges of panic.  It is wearing me out.  At times it feels like I am vibrating with tension.  The events themselves I will keep private.  I will need to find a way to center myself and deal with this new reality.  Change and uncertainty.

It is very cold now--like last Winter.  I began the day with last Winter's breakfast.  Cream of wheat cereal flattened on a dinner plate, buttered, sugared, cinnamon sprinkled over all.  My grandmother made this for me.  It is a breakfast that speaks of family, love, comfort and memories.

I have my sweaters to wash in the kitchen sink today.  They need refreshing at midWinter.  As do we all.  I have sashing to cut and sew to the edges of the tiny star small scrap quilt.  I haven't decided on the borders yet.  I have the fifth tea bag piece on the side of the sewing machine--where the light is best.  I am working very slowly.  Adding, testing, removing, covering.  It is unlike the others.  Those first 4 were tests and failed in different percentages. And a new bag of small scraps of magic cloth has arrived.  More choices.  And I will test some beads from the box of bead soup. The sewing room is only 61 degrees.  So, I stay only as long as I am actively working.  Thinking....well, its too cold in that room for that.

I made chicken soup in my biggest stock pot yesterday.  Six quarts though I think the pot itself could hold twice that.  It is HUGE.  G asked for soup when he went out to clear the snow from the driveway.  I had the leftovers of the broccoli soup I made Saturday.  It was good but I think my cheese wasn't sharp enough.  It all seemed too--plain.

I have reading to do. Sewing.  Reading for my lecture at the library sometime in March.  Work will calm me. At least I hope it will.

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I bet I have the same stock pot that you do. Huge. When I look at it, I think, "What was I thinking?" I use it maybe twice a year. Maybe. Got it at a time when it wasn't unusual for me to cook lots of food for others. Really, I should donate it, someone would love to have it. Thank you for reminding me.