Friday, April 11, 2014

A Segment Of One Of My quilts


Today is Friday.  I have tomorrow off.  My knees ache.  I am very, very tired.  In a good way.  I watered plants for 30% of the day, potted up pansies for customers 20% of the day, and can't remember how the remainder went.  The sun was shining--the greenhouse was very warm.

One of the new hires--a guy --- said "this.....the greenhouse, and all....this is really nice, a good place to be.  To work".  I said.  Yes, it is.

G invited me out for dinner tonight.  It was nice.  I had carrot soup, salad and half a portion of cheese manicotti.  Lunch was the last two red grapefruit and Greek yogurt.  Today was heavy on dairy.

I hope I fall asleep and stay asleep.  I awoke before the dog pushed the hall door open (it bounces off the wall)  at around 5:30 or 6 am this morning.  I had dreamed I was on a train, got off, leaving my purse and suitcase on the train and then stood there watching the train leave.  Wondering what I was going to do now.  Then I woke up.  I'm sure the dream is trying to tell me something.  What?

We finished watching the five seasons of Fringe on Netflix.  I am missing Olivia, Walter and Peter.  I wonder how they are doing.  G feels the same.  It's like we got involved with really good friends and now they are gone.  Poof.  I don't know what we can watch next that will have the same emotional pull. Any ideas?  We looked forward to tv time and bingeing on 3 or 4 episodes an evening.  Now we are back to regular programming.  Poo.

I have new tires on my car.  With tread.  I wore the original tires to almost smooth in 22K.  Took me 6 years to do it.  Remember when tires lasted forever?  The first thing I noticed was that braking was much more sudden now.  These new tires really "stop".




No comments: