Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Field Notes- Tuesday, September 13th. Overcast with a street full of construction and grass cutting vehicles.


 Miss--aka. Or something similar.

A bit of a chill in the air.  Damp.  Overcast.  I had A Book to pickup but came home with two.  I might have had three but a very rude older guy asked if I was going to stand there (all day) blocking others from looking at books.......I just turned and looked at him for awhile and then reshelved my book and walked away.

Law and Order is on today.  For hours.  So..a Good Day.  A Riley and Joanne day- back when that was a thing here.  I took some things (cloth shapes) off a cloth I was unhappy with- went looking for another fabric for border strips.  I selected one but am having second and third thoughts.  It's not weird enough.

If there is one comment directed at my work- most often- it's "that was a weird choice of fabric".  I feel the overpowering need to continue that........noticeably WEIRD cloth choices. Well, actually I think some said So Ugly fabric choices.  They also said my work made their eyes and head hurt.  I'd nod and smile. 

Inappropriate Fabric was another complaint when I used Civil War fabrics in modern abstract fabric designs.  The stuff was made for abstract work in my opinion.

I also had to pick up husband's inhaler prescription.  I got to sit next to a well dressed and groomed older guy waiting for a prescription.  He had very hairy legs.  (wearing shorts- loafers minus socks).  I also watched an even older retirement age guy spraying and wiping every surface of the Pharmacy counter and wondered why he was still working......... perhaps boredom???  I was uncomfortable thinking it was because of need........

No comments: