Friday, September 09, 2022

Field Notes- Friday, September 9th. A Cool, Sunny Day here. Clean Sheets Day.


 This has been here before.  But today already feels like this........."in the wind".

The buzzer has sounded and my oatmeal is done in the microwave- I heard the pot shut off signaling that the water is hot- ready to pour into the cup with the instant coffee.  Breakfast.

I changed the bedding this morning after getting dressed.  Took off the cotton quilt and stuffed the down comforter into the duvet cover.  Pink and white linens......it was cold in the bedroom over night.  The window is open.  No fans or AC units running.  The nights and early mornings are cold.  It's Maine. Our usual is usually cold.

I wanted to come here and post early.....some of you have worried...I am not showing up as I always have. Time is slipping away.  The longer I am away from the days when I had "work" the easier it is to not notice Time moving faster and faster and me...moving slower and slower.  Is this what growing old looks and feels like.......moving slower and slower.......

Mt oatmeal has beeped.  I need to eat.  I didn't have any dinner last night and I am hungry.  I am not cooking.  I had carrot sticks and hummus for lunch yesterday.  I wanted brownies.  

I baked another Peach Cobbler and I used the long flat baking dish and not the round deep one.  It was a better result.  Husband is happy to have cobbler with his coffee in the evening.  I used the last of the tree peaches and a can off peaches in light syrup (drained and rinsed).  It worked.  The cobbler is delicious.

So that's it for today.  Clean sheets and down duvet back on the bed.  Cobbler in the fridge.  I might check the fridge to see if I have what is needed to make myself vegetable soup- perhaps empty the freezer of half used frozen corn and peas.  Fridge Cleaning Soup.  Still not cold enough to add socks and long corduroy pants to my daily outfit.  I did add a long sleeve shirt.  Nine days till my birthday.  Counting down.

1 comment:

Paula, the quilter said...

Yesterday it was 99 here; today it is 54. I'm making stew for dinner with cornbread on the side. It's a good day for stew.