Tuesday, September 06, 2022

Field Notes- September 6th. I missed a DAY!!!! Wow. Raining for the Second Day.


 Yoshiro Tachibana.

Might have already used this image-- but not going to check......

I did two loads of wash yesterday and forgot to post.  I was intent on getting the washing done. And after that... (the drying and the folding) I am getting used to the house being DARK as we have had rain for two full days and no sun and it's in the 50's at night and high 60's during the day.

I'm not complaining.  The sound of silence (no AC units rumbling) is delightful.

And.....we NEEDED the RAIN.  Our lawn was dry and crusty brown.

I need to slosh my way down to the garden to check on the formerly known as The Porch Tomato Plants. which are slowly ripening.  Mostly the Sungold Cherry ones.  The others may never turn red.  We've run out of TIME.  And I tried Fried Green Tomatoes once and they were okay but once was enough.

That's sort of the overwhelming vibe these days-----running out of Time.

I sorted thru Art Supplies yesterday.  I have quite a lot of them.  Art Supplies. I am trying to think of a way to use them- a way that has some sort of......well.. interest that will cause me to actually do the work of using up oil pastels, paints, pens and loads of PAPER.  I also have many unopened glue sticks.  And a big jar of white paste.  Not exactly like what I used in early elementary school but very very similar.  I used to get it all over my fingers and then wiped them clean on the slip I wore under my Daily Dress.  No pants when I went to school.  Back in the old days of the 1950's.

I have a strange feeling the Republicans are wanting us all to return to those Old 50's Days. No Birth Control. No Women's Rights to Equal Pay and Work. It certainly wasn't Leave It To Beaver at our house. And I wouldn't want to return to that......  I like having "no one being the boss of me"......and I think all of us (women) should be reminded of that in the November Elections. Vote for the right to be a Free Woman.

No comments: