Thursday, September 08, 2022

Field Notes- My apologies for missed two days this week...I'm getting forgetful. Laughing.


 Paper beads.  I made them from a glossy art magazine page.  Years ago. Used the paper cutter I own to make nice even strips.  Plastic Eraser.  So Modern.

I have been trying to get household chores done- early- like washing clothes etc.  And then I guess- because, usually, I go from breakfast to the keyboard, I have missed or posted later.....I'll try to do better.  Here it is 12:30 and I am LATE again. I am FINE.  PERFECTLY OKAY.  I have, yet again, NOT vacuumed.  Bad Joanne. I did scrub the sink. And I emptied the recycle container. We recycle almost everything these days.  And I compost whatever breaks down ....... like paper.  For a while there I was putting the newspaper thru the paper shredder and into the compost. I stopped. I might start again.

I stayed up late and slept even later as the 10 pm MSNBC last night had so many sharp minded lawyers talking (which I really LIKE) and before that I got to see Obama and Michele again.  Gosh, I have missed the gentle intelligence.

Here in Maine we have a Trumper- Paul LePage running for Governor--AGAIN (3rd time).  He's a Donald Wanna Be.  He hangs on his frayed Trump coat tails and....last election Donald kicked him to the curb as Maine is not even a fly speck to him.  But LePage is wanting to get kicked yet again.  I'm voting for Janet Mills AGAIN.  

I visited the large commercial bookstore one Town over the Bridge.  Got two books.  And at the Reny's next door, I got Fig Jam (4) for husband's breakfasts and Lemon Drops (6 bags) for me and two puzzles.  300 pieces (suitable for 7 year olds). For husband.  Any more and it's too confusing.  We put the 1000 piece puzzle away.  I think I did both those things early in the day. Two customers had on masks.  Me and one other person.  I'm going back to buy two books I passed on yesterday.  And I have one to pick up at the local independent book store where I order books.

I should get started on some of my housekeeping projects.  (who am I kidding?) but at least bake something.  I am reading Much Ado About You.  A Really Nice British Romance.  No library in Maine carries her first book  Fight or Flight.   I might ask the local Book Seller if he can find it.

That's that.  I'm going to finish my coffee and get another peach Cobbler in the oven.  Perhaps throw together a pot of pasta, vegetables and garden cherry tomatoes for myself.  Re- new my relationship with the stove.





1 comment:

DogStarArt said...

I used to make paper beads. Lots of fun.
A woman I know creates these amazing pieces: https://www.newspaperjewelry.com/

I watched the Obama's portrait unveiling too. Yes, gentle intelligence. Also dignity, grace, appreciation, kindness. How hard is it to be decent to others? The W.H. staff seemed to love them.

Hope the peach cobbler was delicious!

Betsy