Thursday, September 22, 2022

Field Notes- Raining. Dark. Cold. The Hurricane is moving north along the coastline.


 I don't think this in Jude Hill.  I think it's someone else in my sidebar-- I'll get back to you.  Hazel in Portland OR.  She sells these wonderful little cloth pieces.  But they are always sold out by the Time I try and buy one.  Just a small square of cloth and some embroidery floss and she creates MAGIC.

Handstories in the sidebar.

It's raining.  I have all the house lights on and all the windows closed.  It's also cold.

I cooked yesterday.  I roasted a small tray of the Sun Gold cherry tomatoes (from the garden) in the oven and then boiled pasta and mixed the two together.  Simple.  I added some Parmesan cheese.  I was thinking I should have added basil.  I ate a bowl of this while watching MSNBC and the charges again the Trump Empire.  Fraud.  He has always said everything was larger than it actually was........ bigly.

Later I watched Grandchester a PBS show I have recorded on TiVo over the Summer and never watched. It says it's new but it looks to be repeated "new".   I watched Endeavor.  I sort of wish we could see the much older Morse in the earlier series.  But PBS sold it to Prime I think.  I don't have Prime. I should have Prime.  I should figure out how to do these things but....I used to know.  Now I second guess myself.

Husband has gone off to see the Dentist.

A package is supposed to be arriving today.  Purple cloth from the West Coast.  Someone who reads my blog.  I am very very excited about this....... I love getting mail.  Either by post office or internet.

2 comments:

Kim Carney said...

You should get Prime. But what you really need is Acorn or BritBox. They are around $4.99 a month. You can watch some shows and then cancel your subscription.

David and I really wanted to watch 1883. It is a brutal take on train wagons moving west to Oregon. But we loved it. Watched it in two days then I canceled the Paramount Plus subscription. It was 9.99 per month.

When you have prime you can just add these additional channels to prime.

I donate to PBS monthly so I love that I am a pbs Passport.

Deb Lacativa said...

Ran out of canned catfood yesterday. Serious business because when no wet food is dished up in the morning, the Hunting begins. By lunch yesterday there was one dead chipmunk out on the lawn and just now, a lively one dashed across the living room. Someone brought him in for a snack I guess.
A Prime order (with free overnight shipping!) brought a case of their favorite flavors on the doorstep before the coffee was made today! Tonight, I'll leave the slider open just a crack so the chippie and leave when no one is looking.