Sunday, September 11, 2022

Field Notes- September 11th. We've all started to forget haven't we? Overcast and in the 80's in Maine.


 My bed.  It's a high four poster from Ethan Allen.  Black.  You have to climb in or get a running start and vault into it.  Puffy down comforter.  Linen sheets- well worn after many many years. Like me.

My bones are sore today.  Hips mostly.  Not that happy to be walking around.  Aching even when I am sitting.  One week to go....Seventy Six.  Not that epic a birthday- 86 would be MORE of an achievement.  I would match my father.  I hope to match him, at least, as he was NOT in great health for the last 20 years...... refused to come live with me (us) and later ...when I saw him in hospital, he said that had been a mistake....... regret.  I could have gotten him into his 90's....

My grocery store as Pot Roasts on sale.  I am buying the biggest one they have.  I love pot roast and I especially love it on my birthday.  Mashed potatoes,  Gravy.  Cole Slaw (homemade). Cake and Ice cream. I might even have a green vegetable.

So those are my Future Plans.  Today...Football.  UGH.  The Patriots are going to be SO BAD. I may switch to other games--even though the odds of finding a good one are slim.  I didn't think ahead so we don't have a ball of pizza dough for Football Pizza.  Sigh.  I am not getting my ducks in a row this year...at all.  It's the Year of Being Taken By Surprise.  Rather than being forgetful.

I ate a carton of Chocolate Fudge frozen yogurt yesterday.  I watched the old fashioned mystery shows on PBS. Hamish didn't kiss anyone (he's very good at that) but he smoked a lot- I was going to look the actor up and see if he died of lung cancer. I also watched a movie with Drew Barrimore (sp and spellcheck refused to help) as a newspaper reporter undercover at a high school.  Great kissing at the end (especially when he said he was sorry he was late getting to her)- usually it's disappointing.  Then I watched the end of the Blind Side. Strange choices but...I enjoyed all of it.....I had a good book to read...but I watched tv instead.

2 comments:

LindaSonia said...

Your actual bed?!? I was expecting you to boldly state NOT MY BED!! you surprised me. :-)

Paula, the quilter said...

I have to take a running jump into my bed too. Mine is a brass bed. I usually make beef jerky out of a pot roast.