Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Daily Notes- Tuesday May 24th. Sunshine and temps in the low 70's.


 Screen shots of chairs.  There was a Time in my Life when I wanted everything in the house to be looking like this.  A bunch of fabric.  But....I never found a guy.  In the Chicago burbs- I had a guy.  But not here in Maine. And even if I had found one- I wouldn't have found any fabric.

Husband is cutting the front grass.  He's going to try and sneak past me and do the back grass...but it might kill him.  And...as much as he makes my Life Not Worth Living some days...I don't want him dead. Yet.

So.  I made and ate hot dogs yesterday while watching Ancient Aliens.  I did not know that in the 30's or something that they had taken apart and moved one of the great pyramids. So they know exactly how they go together and what's inside in that little chamber and if it actually collects and stores energy.  Yes, I know it's all bunk.........but the images and Ancient Art really is what I enjoy.  I wish we had had a class in this stuff at college.  I would have gotten an A.

 I finished reading a Colgan romcom about Amanda's Wedding.  British.... so lots of drink at the pubs and then sleeping with whomever you dragged home with you.  The girl didn't get the guy until the very last page and only because he was sitting in the kitchen waiting for her to come home (after not showing up for his wedding) and he was pretty sure she was in love with his brother and she wasn't coming home.  It was rather sad. For a Rom Com. 

Today's book:  I'm not sure what.  Daughter got an old Devereau from the Dump.  Nicolas is an ancient knight who gets a chance at Life and Love in modern times- but then has to die again- as the deal is short term..  I remember it being a real tearjerker. As much as I liked this great old knight dealing with traffic and busses and light switches...... he did LOVE the shower....having him die again was really hard to deal with.  I'm not sure today is the day for shedding tears.

Boston Basketball won another game...as unbelievable as that may be.  Watching it is like watching JV basketball.  So...so incredibly awful.  Both teams.  Ugh.  The first game was amazing.... the last three ugh. It's sort of a competition to see who can stink and still win.  I may have to switch to baseball.  NO!!!!!

No comments: