Monday, May 16, 2022

Daily Notes- Monday May16th- Clouds with good chance of a STORM.


 What I strive for in the woods and garden beds.  there is laughter here........

I have been deadheading the daffodils.  Already finished.  No tulips as I would need to set bulbs under the frost line which, here in my yard, is 10 to 12 inches down.  I never could dig that far down.

Husband is going to attempt to cut the front grass with the walk behind mower.  Only the front grass.  And then tomorrow do another section.  This is what we agreed on..... he will forget.... now he tells me he has to go get gas.  It's over $5 a gallon now. I remember when it was 25 cents a gallon.  1968.

Library had slim pickings.  I got one book.

Only one Chicken Dinner at grocery- Chicken in short supply.  One of the old clerks told me it's hard to find any but they have tons of rotisserie chickens in the bins.  I could have gotten a chicken and then-- what to do with the legs and thighs????   Make new friends who eat legs and thighs?

Milk and yogurt shelves were bare but plenty of ice cream..  Eggs could also have been in short supply but I don't buy them.  I didn't check on Butter but possibly I should have bought some if they had any. I bought four big baking potatoes.  I have a tub of sour cream to use up. 

Patty has told me to come pull rhubarb as it is starting to flower.  Meaning it's at the end of it's best use by date.  But husband isn't eating dessert and I am not going to eat a whole pie by myself.  So I am not going to pick any.  

I had changed out the Winter Down Comforter for a Cotton Summer Quilt but we both were cold during the night. So I folded the quilt and got the light summer duvet out of the guest room and have it on the bed. Last night I had to get up and put on socks I was so cold.  I also pulled up the exercise mat that we trip over in the guest bedroom.  Husband hasn't done back exercises in a YEAR.  I also pulled the lawn chair he had in the corner out.... He has some expensive electrified back massage machine on it.  Waste of money.  

He is curling up and over into a semicolon.  Couldn't stand straight if you bet money on it.  I look down onto the top of his head.  I may have settled a bit but I think I still stand up straight.  The doctor doesn't measure height anymore.  They should.

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Maybe a nice rhubarb sauce to have with your yogurt?