Monday, May 30, 2022

Daily Notes- May 30th- Memorial Day. Sunshine with a few clouds.


 A "Couple" of Old Chairs.  And the Celtics won.  It wasn't easy. Hard to watch.

Today- just a few groceries and a week's worth of yogurts for husband.  I need skin moisturizer. To enhance my wrinkle free face.  Yep.  My face is wrinkle free.  What a gift from my genes.

Been doing more laundry.  More often.  Will be finishing off another notebook in the next week or so. and then a new one started.  I'm thinking I will make sure they get shredded without being read.  I opened a new box of black ink pens.  The college rule notebooks and the black ink pens remain the same thru the years. I was buying them at Staples.  But they hardly ever have any in stock.  They ask me to order on line.  Who do they think I am?  Ordering on line????

Dee had a enlightening comment yesterday- commentary on aging.  Here.  In my Daily Notes.  And I guess I am reporting from the the front lines so to speak........... But from the side of economic privilege.

We can afford replacement parts, surgery and after care.  We can afford the medicine prescribed.  I see things at the grocery pharmacy line.  Trembling old people asking the clerk to speak slower and louder. Looking in an old battered wallet for a card........ and I wonder- where are their people?  And I know- there aren't any.  But I also see younger, fit strong men and women gently helping an older relative or neighbor.

Never pushing them out of the way- always gently helping.  My son and daughter do that..... but I know the other side of that as well- the roaring Tiger of trying to make it all better or go away...... It's just going to happen........

No comments: