Saturday, May 21, 2022

Daily Notes- Saturday, May 21st- Cloudy with overnight rain.


 I don't know where I got this...it was in the computer picture file.  The maker might be named Wattle.

I had visitors yesterday.  Allie and her sister stopped by to bring me tomato plants Allie had started from seeds this Winter.  I got 6 varieties and can have more if I want two of any of them.  I don't have the list handy but eventually I will show them all to you.... planted in their driveway planters.  They are on a sheet tray on the back porch.  Not ready to be outdoors yet.  The Porch is a midway point. Good light but no wind.  I had sticks on the porch so they each got one in their individual quart yogurt container to help told themselves upright. Allie eats a lot of non fat plain yogurt in a year.  I asked- one a week so 52 containers. And now many of them housing tomato seedlings.

I read my book for a short while yesterday.  I watched Sports TV for awhile (too much boring baseball talk).  There were no Law and Order episodes. And not much else on tv to watch- but plenty of news- especially Justice Thomas's WIFE.  

I asked husband if he would be interested in my making pizza for dinner instead of him eating his usual Pasta and Chicken.  He said yes to pizza.  So...that was new. 

My aim is to have one cleaning project per day- nothing huge.  Just the one thing.  Yesterday I took the box of seed packets out of the hall closet- not a small box (years worth)- and tore the packages open and dumped the seeds into a container I later emptied into the compost bins.  Waste not as they were all expired seeds..  The paper packages (envelopes) went into the recycling container. It took awhile.  Fussy work is always tedious.  And it rained overnight so the seeds are now wet in the compost bins. Some might- very low chance- germinate.  More likely birds and chipmunks will eat them.

Husband noticed the chipmunks were using the Peony cages to jump onto the birdfeeder.  So he moved the Feeder away from any jump off positions.  We watched the chipmunks try and work out how to get seeds. So far- they can't jump far enough or high enough.  But the squirrels might help.  A partnership.

I also moved books.  I have an old wide cabinet with the doors removed.  I am putting my books into that cabinet...so I can see them.  Ones I moved from the dining room book case yesterday- are books I had quite frankly forgotten I owned.  Now I can find them and read them.  Trade paper.  The regular paperback books stayed in the bookcase.  It was "almost" like digging up treasure.


No comments: