Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Daily Notes- Tuesday, May 10th---Back from Doctor visit- Lantana. Yes!!


 Nasturtiums.  Thank you for remembering the Lantana...

Back from Pulmonary appointment.  Not the Doctor.  Got the New PA.  She had trouble finding my blood pressure.  We eventually got it the old fashioned way.  After trying the machine twice.

The PA asked questions.......interesting ones I had never been quizzed on before.  And then scheduled an exam of my HEART.   Perhaps.......it was always my heart?  I don't know.  Anyway.  Her eyes got very intense when she was asking about rescue inhaler use and I gave a quite normal account of something that happens often... Chopping carrots or cooking and having to go sit on the couch as I am light headed and dizzy.  Yesterday it was while getting potatoes ready to bake in the oven. After awhile, I can get up and finish what I was doing- or if it's complicated- I take a second rest period.  That isn't asthma.  But those were always my symptoms.  It will take awhile to schedule.

I asked if we could stop to buy hard candy and books in the Town across the Bridge.  No candy.  but I bought five trade paper books.  Because.....I have money and why not spend it????

Husband used his iPad while I was at my appointment (he wanted to stay in the car so he intended to use it).  By the time I got back to the car- he was very confused.......trying to get home by driving in a circle.  I finally asked him to please go back to the hospital and drive home the regular way.  There was little traffic.  He had gotten it into his head that there would be traffic because when we arrived there had been an accident- on a one way street we would NOT use going home.  It happened that fast.  I would like to smash the iPad but I might have to use it in the weeks ahead.  That's why I wanted candy and books.

The battery in my car is charging.  It goes dead because I rarely drive anymore.  I have husband drive as that way I know where he is and what he is doing.  Even if it's stressful to have him drive in a circle sometimes.

2 comments:

Kim Carney said...

Our old Suburu is always dying and one day at the airport the guy beside me gave me a boost using A BATTERY IN A BOX. I whooped in delight, never have heard of it before but it was soooooo easy. Not waiting hours for AAA for a jump. And now we have a Prius sometimes it does not start either, if we haven't driven long enough to boost the internal battery
Anyhoo, I ran home and bought us one and Matt one last Christmas. We have used ours a few times. A miracle of the modern world ;) Here is an example.

https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GB70-UltraSafe-Lithium-Gasoline/dp/B016UG6PWE/ref=sr_1_13?keywords=battery+box&qid=1652208290&sr=8-13

Joanne S said...

Battery in a Box......wow. I just have to schedule a drive into Town twice a week going forward.