Saturday, May 28, 2022

Daily Notes- May 27th and 28th. I missed a day.....Wet outside but not raining.


 I love how this little house looks.  With symmetrical plantings and hanging baskets.  The house where I lived from 10 to 20 had a porch like this only larger- wider.  It was built in the early 1900's.  Old sink and deep old bathtub (replaced in first few years).  Big Attic.  I spent most of my Summer on the porch swing reading.  When I wasn't ironing clothes in the basement or washing dishes after supper.

There had been plans to make the high ceilinged Attic into two bedrooms. One was started but on my summer returns from college I got to sleep in the unfinished side.  Just me, a twin bed, a pipe between beams for my clothes and an old dresser.  A scrap of linoleum on the floor.  No insulation. A light bulb in the peak with a long string attached.  I got to travel down the stairs and then down into the basement for toilet, sink and showers.  The boys had bedrooms downstairs and got to use the house bathroom. One summer the older brother slept in the finished Attic bedroom.

Later in Life, (when they were old and needed a caretaker) both parents told me "how much they loved me".   I didn't fall for any of their crap. And I did take care of my father.

Wasn't that fun?  Everyone says I need therapy- I have this.  I can write these things here.  And what will therapy do- make it possible for me to..what..Forget? Process?  I write the more unhappy and terrible stuff in the Washing Machine Pages.  I wash clothes and my mind at the same time.  That stuff in paragraph two? Not the unhappy stuff. So not the unhappy stuff.

I fertilized my garden plants and the fruit trees yesterday.  Husband watered.  I did some laundry and will do another load today.  Work pants.  Husband gets himself very dirty.  Found a tick on myself.  It's pasted to the calendar with scotch tape.  Reading- Austin based series by Sonali Dev. Incense and Sensibility. I've read them before and mentioned them here.

I need to finish pasting images into my desk calendar before Monday. June. I haven't done any work on the calendar since the 25th.  This month's calendar isn't lighthearted.  Doctors. Dentist. Urgent Care.  Cardiogram.  It's all been a bit much........... nine blank squares to fill.  Later....


1 comment:

LindaSonia said...

... sounds like someone just being real to me - I can relate - carry on. :-)