Sunday, May 15, 2022

Daily Notes- Sunday, May 15th--- No Party yesterday- today? Very cloudy with Good chance of Rain


 Applique?  looks like it.  Gives me Freedom to use old denim for the background.  Would be next to impossible to get the needle into unless it was almost worn thin.  I like this very very much.

Denim from very old, well worn shirts.  Not pants.  Got any in your rag bags????  

Overcast and dark outside.  Not raining but I think there was an abundance of overnight dew.  George has been here to plant more seeds.  One of the vegetable beds was invaded by an invasive perennial flower/weed- Lily of the Valley.  Soon the entire yard will be covered in it.  But right now- it is flowering and looking quite delicate and lovely.

Reading One Night on the Island by Josie Silver.  She has written One Day In December and The Two Lives of Lydia Bird--two books I LOVE.  This one- I am having some difficulty getting into it-- and the print in the Trade Paperback is very light.  Difficult for my old almost 76 year old eyes.  My eyes are tired and the air is dry.  Sigh.  This one set on a rocky island out in the ocean off the coast of Ireland.  Two people sharing a small cottage. He (from Boston) recently pushed out of his home (divorce) and missing his wife and two boys. She is turning 30 and has never had a serious relationship in her Entire Life.  They drink a lot of whiskey.

I have an itchy spot next to my left eye.  I need to stop touching it.

Oatmeal was good this morning.  Sunday paper was a great waste of Time. My coffee is okay. I've eaten all the Chicken Salad (yesterday). I can either make soup or vegetable pasta. Which means "cooking". Or not............and eat peanut butter.  Or make a box of Mac and Cheese and add some frozen vegetable. I'm out of peas.  Tomorrow I can buy stuff.  More frozen peas.  I do have yogurt.  I can have that with BranBuds.  Peanut Butter-Mac and Cheese- Yogurt and Bran Buds.  Wow.  All the Food Groups- NOT!!!

I also have a bag of Potato Chips.  And a can of Cosmos in the fridge.

No comments: