Saturday, June 06, 2020

Daily Notes- June 6th --Twelve Weeks

                                          

The view from here.  I have a lovely north facing window behind the sewing machine.  You can just make out the path to the mailbox (the lightest part of the photo) to the far right.  I've managed to scratch up the plate with all the pins I leave on things I sew.

Discovered a very tiny tick today on my hip.  It had been there long enough to have created a red, swollen bump perhaps not as large as a quarter.  I can only feel it and not see it.  Tick is now scotch taped to the calendar on the date found.  We do that now- for evidence later if I start running a high fever and get delusional (which has occurred with previous tick bites).  The tiny ones carry the worst of the tickborn diseases.

The sun comes and goes.  We were hoping for rain.  Husband is going to water the fenced garden- the blueberries and grapes.  The Queen of Plums had many blossoms this year and now is loaded with tiny infant plums for only the second time in all the years it has lived here with us.  Just like the Peach Trees.  I am tempted- at almost 74 years of age- to try for an apple tree.  One of the trees with two or three varieties grafted.  My rhubarb is looking good but needs watering to stay good.  Husband is supposed to be watering but.........will I need to remind him a dozen more times before it "sticks" in his brain?  It's like a sieve.  Yes.  He got "distracted" and started weeding.

The chipmunks have dug up all the little plants in the two hanging baskets. Payback for adding pepper spray to the bird feeders, I guess.

Daughter is out scouting for books today in Portland.  She found the whole Outlander Series minus the last three books so she is pretty happy about that.  Only three books on my list though- but will help for the next wave of the Pandemic in October thru January.

I am thinking about cooking an actual meal today.  Still just thinking.  Pizza tomorrow.  I don't have much in the way of animal proteins in the freezer since I lost the freezer contents in the last big, long power failure.  I could make lasagna.  I have those things.  Too much like pizza.  I could also make quiche.  Husband won't eat it.  Hell, I'll just fry him a pan of frozen potstickers and I'll eat tomatoes and be done with it.  My salad greens died a few days ago of neglect.

And husband is filling up the laundry basket pretty much everyday.  So- there is always laundry.

2 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

Like you,I think there will be a second wave in October.

Liz A said...

tick taped to the calendar ... brilliant ...