Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Daily Notes- June 24th



I think this has been here before- like a few days ago- but not much is new here.  And this has a more vivid color to it as I used the little whatever they are called in the camera to rotate and then brighten. I have a few pockets I have been removing from shirts and pants- to gain yardage- and am thinking I will appliqué some of these little things to the pockets.  And then???? Who knows.

Horoscope for me with Leo traveling in my...........
 today "you are a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma".
Pretty much- for so many, many years.

Breakfast was two raspberry filled doughnuts. A bit stale. and rolled in powdered sugar and I like them better rolled in plain sugar.  But first time seeing donuts in our bakery section.

Yesterday was way more interesting than usual. Husband and I were moving bagged compost to the raised bed garden then moving 30 gallon trashcans of soil-less mix to the garage area for me to use to fill the Garden Boxes.  Well, I tugged on one can and then fell backwards and hit my head pretty hard when I landed.  We did the concussion protocol but first I had to let my daughter know in case my husband forgot I fell down. That would be something he would forget.
I also bruised my left wrist and quickly applied Arnica to the bruise and in 3 hours- hardly anything to see. Completely gone this morning.  But still a bit "tender'.  No headache or double vision. Just some body aches.  Shoulder and hip (as usual) but after a bit of walking it isn't noticeable.
I was very very lucky as I fell on the greenhouse pipes and some wooden pallets.
My hard skull.

Daughter came after work to "see for myself" and we filled the boxes and planted the tomato plants. The damn deer ate the top off one.  I am thinking that that plant won't grow anymore without the growing tip. We'll see.  I also planted the parsley into the two window boxes and the kale into the square grow box I bought at Home Depot months ago.  Now I only have the cucumbers and the tomatoes I grew in the little milk jugs to plant.  And then just water and wait.

Daughter and I also lifted couch and pulled out rug and rolled it (well, she did and I watched). Now the couch is shoved back against the windows and the room looks even more empty. Wonder when it will be safe to visit a furniture store and try out the furniture???  Answer-- maybe never.

Husband wants two hanging baskets on his workshop porch.  But they will be close enough to the driveway for a daily watering.  So I agreed.  Hanging baskets dry out so quickly that they need a lot of regular water during the day. I watered the baskets in the greenhouse twice a day very heavily. It was time consuming and lots of water ran down my arms, down my side and into my pants.  Lovely.

Fruit for the week is going to be fresh pineapple.  Still have some cherries. I got limes and tonic water and plan on drinking ice cold gin and tonic this week.  Tell husband it's ice water.  

I bought rhubarb today ml- after your email- and will be making another pie as soon as husband finishes off his carrot cake.  He still has cookies as well.  I have to remind him to have coffee and dessert. 
No one EVER has to remind me to have dessert. 

2 comments:

me-ml said...

good idea, just BUY rhubarb! wink.

Deb Lacativa said...

OK hard-headed woman. Don't tell him anything for a day. See how that goes.