Friday, June 05, 2020

Daily Notes- June 5th

                                                   

I wanted this cloth on the blog today.  Crows on T-Bone Hill.  T-shaped cloth.  The house before this one.  On a hill, sort of.  Could see the horizon.  Should have stayed there.

But not why.  I was thinking about the crows- since I usually have a few in the yard here in Maine. And I just wanted to go up into the Attic and find it and bring it down.  Took 2 minutes.  And here it is.  We are overcast and dark in the house (even with lights on) and the picture is true to color.  I used an old 30's Era potholder and the felt crow the maker had drawn.  She had also added colored button eyes. So the crows themselves are not my design at all.  But the Crow and I travel together.

My house was high, at the end of the street.  I looked down from the bedroom window and saw a long row of the same house and yard backing up to the old Farm we all called home now.  The weekends- I saw endlessly replicated BBQ grills.

I was the only house with a very large deep birdbath.

The crows brought their bones to the birdbath to rinse them off before eating.  The long center of the quilt is a line of houses.  The crows.  And my memories of that house.

There was a solo Crow in the yard this morning.  We nodded to each other.

I picked up more books at the library.  The hardback copies of romances I never bought in paperback. But still wanted to read.  I have four done and three to go.  One a day.

The Twins and their Dad stopped to visit at the end of the driveway.  They have a deposit on a puppy (as yet unborn)  Golden Retriever.  They will bring her to visit when she arrives. I didn't cry.  Not then but later.

No comments: