Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Daily Notes- June 10

                                                

I hand sewed two corners to this piece.  I had to find the stripe fabric.  Up and down stairs.  Wasn't anywhere so I had to start sorting thru piles and there it was- no edge showing. Next row is the solid pink.  I might need to cut the last edges a bit wonky to get back to that- getting too SQUARE.  And cut fabric in different widths.  I wasn't paying attention.

Spirit Cloth likes the squares.  I like the strips.

Now my eyes are tired and "greasy feeling".  Was listening and occasionally looking up at he tv- Criminal Intent: Law and Order.  Now, I watch at the dining room table- not the couch.

Today was Grocery Shopping Day.  People are intentionally ignoring the enter/ exit directions on the store aisles.  I maintain the 6 feet distancing.  And I wait for fools to get out of the aisles.  Everyone has a mask on in my grocery.  Else, I would complain.  None of the disinfectant sprays I am liking. Those shelves are empty.  I didn't check the toilet paper situation.  They had flour and sugar- still no yeast which seems really strange- any Readers know why that is still "missing"?

None of the good- fried in the Store- corn chips today at Grocery.- Yes, Connie you would like them.

Taking the big stack of Lindsey romances back to the library.  Picking up a few more.  Some books in the series are missing in the local library collection.  So, I'll have to wait for interlibrary loans in the distant future.  And then I will start on Wolf Hall unless my request for Where The Crawdad's Sing  is filled.  I am feeling like reading that again.

The good books that Connie recommended are coming from other libraries- mine does not have them. So I have to wait another 2 or 3 months for those.  By then the next wave of people will be getting sick.   I cancelled some of my own requests and at some point I will write Connie's selections on an index card and delete them as well.  Try again.  Later.

Well, Husband has gone out to look at the baby peaches.  They seem to have increased in size over the past few days.  Amazing to watch.  Peaches at the grocery store are hard as rocks.  I passed.

4 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

Right now SAF Gold Instant Yeast - 16 oz is for sale on the King Arthur website. Here's the link: https://shop.kingarthurflour.com/items/saf-gold-instant-yeast-16-oz

me-ml said...

Joanne i love your cloth; makes me SO happy!
i mean yes a big smile! feels like a little kid having one BIG Great day!

Amelia Quilter said...


I love your block!

I really enjoyed Where the Crawdad's Sing too.

Liz A said...

if I had to choose, I'd take strips over squares

and baby peaches ... I hope you have just-right growing conditions so they make it to your table