Wednesday, June 03, 2020

Daily Notes- June 3rd

                                          

Yesterday- a day that was not Wednesday- we ( husband and I) went out in the car and did several things- visits.  We do not do this.  Usually, it is one thing only.

First the greenhouse where I worked.  Everyone happy to see my hair and eyes.  The rest is the mask. But we knew each other.   I purchased these lovely geraniums.  And the yellow lantana.  And Bumper Crop which is organic and has every good soil nutrient present in the bag.   For my squashes.  For my herbs.  For what ever else gets planted.

Then gas station with sanitizer and safety gloves.

Then the Library for Curbside Pickup of reserved books.  Not the ones I reserved back in March coming from "other" libraries.  But books I asked for on Monday from my own library.  They were ready on Tuesday.  You call when you arrive in your car and they answer and bring your books out with your name on the bag and set on a table.  They walk away. You step forward and take the bag.  Such JOY.

Next, husband called the Eye Place and Michael answered the phone.  My glasses seemed loose and Michael said they only did appointment visits but they had a "moment" so I went in and now my glasses are good.  Michael said he had purchased clippers and cut his own hair.  Our son was going to do the same.  Perhaps husband should look into getting clippers but perhaps the ones he already owns would do the same????  Husband refused to let me try.  He has a haircut appointment tomorrow.

It's been 11 weeks since it felt normal to go out and do many things.  It felt wrong and dangerous.  I told husband we won't be doing that again.  Only place husband got out of car was at gas station.  I was the one going and doing.  And today was my usual (only) day out to the grocery store.  Cleaning supply shelves were bare.  I purchased fresh fruit and vegetables.  Some, not many.  "We" are not all that interested in cooking or eating.  I'm fine with a handful of carrot sticks or a big spoon of peanut butter these days.  Husband has turkey and ham rolled into a slice of swiss cheese.  Roll ups.  Not a Sandwich.  Because that would be "too much".  Selective Anorexia.  Because cookies, pie, cake and medium Blizzards are perfectly good things to eat. Everyday. But sandwiches are too much.

Well, I am going to make myself a cup of hot tea.  I have no idea what will come after that.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joanne, the husband eating thing goes on here too. What's up with that? he was always a hearty eater. I guess it's the ageing thing, always room for sweets! grrr..........Annie