Monday, June 22, 2020

Daily Notes- June 22



Today is not as hot and humid (but heat index is 86) so I thought I would do some sewing while I waited for husband to get out of bed (he stays up later and later playing games on his phone and then sleeps until noon).  I had a couple hours to fill.  I stitched the last two sides to the big pink cloth. The wonky one.  And then I sorted out my thread box and added my new thread to the box-thank you DebL.I also sorted and stacked my fabrics in the two boxes I have out in the room where we eat and watch tv.  I was looking for little squares but there are few of them left.

Up top are one and a half inch squares sewn into what will end up being a 3 inch square.  An assortment but, by my standards, not enough variety. I had to cut a fresh white square for this block as it needed a strong focal point. I also used the back side of all the chosen squares because I like them better a bit faded.
Commercial cloth can be too new looking and the backside looks like it's been worn a bit.

I read a good book yesterday- Big Lies in A Small Town by Diane Chamberlain.  One of my dear internet friends - Connie- recommends books and I always look forward to reading them.  This one had a mystery, a murder, and art.  There was also the possibility for romance but that didn't actually happen till the last few pages but I was okay with that.  This was the kind of book where you actually wanted the author to have written more as I was sad when I got to the end.
And Connie just had a birthday.  Happy Birthday!!!

At the beginning of the Pandemic, I was making and eating Pantry Soup that Dee had written about on her blog.  I was eating it like everyday at lunchtime.  I added small macaroni to it as the weeks went by. But now it's warm (hot) and I am mostly eating peanut butter on white bread because I ran out of French cheese to eat with white bread.  I don't want to cook anything.  I think the very last thing I cooked was the eggplant. I do make things for husband but nothing I want to eat- and it hardly qualifies as "cooking".

I am often wondering if this is how we will spend the remainder of your Lives? Reading books at home alone, eating sandwiches and not going anywhere or doing anything except on Wednesday our one day of going out in public.  I often think they should have assigned a specific day by first initial of last name. But then I guess I would just see the same people every Wednesday.  And that might be boring. Not that I actually know who is saying hello, waving at me etc on Wednesdays.  But I always, always wave back.

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes! It's fun having you as a reading buddy.