Thursday, June 04, 2020

Daily Notes- June 4th

                                         

French Watering Cans.  Both have leaks along the bottom seams.  A Design Flaw. Hold four liters and easy enough for me to carry- evenly balanced- when full to the top with water.  I used them to water the Peach Trees.  Twelve liters each.  The hose and sprinkler would have been easier but so much wasted water. And the back and forth and carrying -well, not much but some exercise........

Husband went out to get his hair cut.  According to him- the stylist thought I did a nice job on previous cut.  So there's that to think about.  I think he would be better off with clippers and an overall short crew style.  But who listens to me?  Well, I do listen when I talk to myself- more frequently now......

Allie brought over the tomatoes I selected from her list.  Ten.  I think.  But I am not going out there to count.  I have already been out on the front steps too many times.  And not even 10 am.  Each tomato plant is in it's own large yogurt tub.  Allie eats quite a bit of yogurt on the WeightWatchers Program. The zero points yogurt.  I asked.  She has it with fresh pineapple for breakfast.  Pineapple must be zero points also. She grows tomatoes because she loves eating them for lunch all summer.

Allie and I looked at the Peach Trees.  At all the little infant peaches.  It's still too early to know if they will stay or drop off.  I also noticed my cucumber seedlings are developing white leaf edges.  Cucumbers might be a "no go" this year.  Virus.

Husband is having back pain and will not be doing much today.  He lifted and turned.  Getting the compost bags out of the car on Tuesday.  I arrived in time to do the remaining three.  I do not lift and turn. Does he listen to me?  No, he cannot hear my voice with his 8K high tech hearing aids.  He can hear tiny squeaks in the crawl space under the house.  But not me, standing next to him.

I had oatmeal for breakfast.  I am going back to it.  The boxed cereals were giving me acid reflux.  Either the cereal or the larger amount of milk that goes with dry cereal.  The oatmeal only needs a very small amount of milk and is cooked with water.  Microwave cooking.  And finding the milk I can drink- getting harder all the Time.  So using less means I'll have more milk.

I am not sure how I will spend my day.  I've read the two romances from the library.  Ordered three more.  I have Wolf Hall back and can get started on it.  And I do want to re-read Where the Crawdad's Sing- but will need to reserve it.  I may have to empty my reserve account- only allowed ten in order to get more books.  I'll write down the titles.  It may be months before libraries start doing loans to each other.  I maxed out this morning.  So I deleted three on my reserve list and didn't write them down.

Cloth isn't of interest.  Paint, another no.  I was awake at 5 am.  So perhaps I am just very tired.  A nap.

2 comments:

Liz A said...

"But who listens to me? Well, I do listen when I talk to myself- more frequently now"

I laughed ... yep

and I've found the only way my gut can handle milk is by cooking it to break down the lactose ... or using almond milk, but even that in small amounts

Life Scraps and Patches said...

That picture at the top of today's post - I love that. Thank you.